no power after 6spd swap

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am at the end of my 6MT swap and I am having some power issues. For a run down on what I have since my build thread has not been updated. I have an 2001 V6 EX and I am running an 03 Odyssey motor with a 03 CL-S 6MT engine harness, transmission, and ECU. I have the third ECU dash harness plug from the CL-S. I re-pinned my accord harness into the CL-S plug. Before cutting any wires I labeled all of the Accord harness wires with numbers and followed the wire diagram schematic that Varnell has provided on some of the swap threads. When I connect my scan tool to the OBD2 port it does not connect to the ECU. I tried cranking the motor over and all I hear is relays in the fuse box clicking. I checked my engine grounds and they all seem fine. Does anyone else have a different wiring diagram? I feel like there might be a few wires that are off. I have a few wires that are not connected to the ECU which from the diagrams classifies them as ABS/TCS wires. And I am not sure if the immobilizer is holding it out from getting power.

Can anyone provide me the pin out schematic for 01 Accord ECU plug A and the 03 CL-S ECU plug E? (I am searching for it as I am typing this.)

I couldn't figure out how to get Varnell's picture in here. But he mentions it in this thread on page 7.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50005&page=7

I am hoping that the ECU is not junk. I bought it from a member from www.j32a.com, and was told it came from a working previous swap.

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
here's the photo. sorry i don't know anything that would help

J32wiring.jpg

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
So I unplugged the Immobilizer at the ignition. I ended receiving a code from the ECM. P1607, which is a ECM/PCM internal circuit failure. Is there any way to test the ECM for issues or am I going to have to find another ECM?

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
does anyone know where to find resistors charts for the ECM. It looks like there is once resistor inside the ECM that looks shorted. Wondering what the value of the resistor is to perhaps replace.

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
The resistor that comes from pin out 4 on the CL connector is blown. Not sure if this happened from the previous owner or if my wiring would have caused it. I double checked my wiring, I have Accord wire 18 in the 4 spot, both MIL wires. I don't see any issues with the wire shorting out some where. I ordered some new resistors that match the one blown. I am hoping to replace it, and everything will be good. I am worried about the chaser circuit underneath the resistor being damaged. My brother took some great pictures of the resistor that I will share with you guys. I am praying for a miracle this works.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry we couldn't help more, at the time of my swap the wiring end of things was above my head so I didn't do any of it. I hope you can figure it out.

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
Sorry we couldn't help more, at the time of my swap the wiring end of things was above my head so I didn't do any of it. I hope you can figure it out.

Thanks RedRyder. But I think I am figuring it out. I got another ECM and repaired the other one. I think what is holding me out now is just the Clutch Switch and figuring out the immobilizer.

Varnell

Reaction score
Clutch Safety switch connects from the clutch pedal sensor, to the drivers side fuse box and then to the ECU. I need to get the same pictures to Evan, but haven't had time to get to my car for pics.

tdoggs01v6

Reaction score
Clutch Safety switch connects from the clutch pedal sensor, to the drivers side fuse box and then to the ECU. I need to get the same pictures to Evan, but haven't had time to get to my car for pics.

I was actually just reading through your swap thread for that. Would the clutch switch hold the car back from cranking?

Back