4AT or 5MT

datechboss101

Reaction score
Good luck with the seats. They're fun. Interior stuff is the easiest though because theres no torque specs or anything to worry about. Just screws and upholstery. Me personally, im tired of working on engine stuff lol. I cant wait until my biggest problem is that the inside of the car needs to be vacuumed.
Vaccumming the fun part of the interior. The pain part of the interior is that one plug part of the glove box.... I hate that design.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
You shouldnt remove the glove box unless you need to get to something behind it lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Agreed. The only thing that stops most of us is money. Unless you're rich like sketch05 and redryder :lawl:

I think it slows them down too. I've got at least 4 projects that I need to work on, and that doesn't include either of the 6th gen Accords.
Sometimes it's more of a case of being in the right time and place for a good deal on a project. Some of us shop around looking for exactly what we want too. It all depends on what you really want.
That said, I've got 3 engine pulls and 1 to go back in this year. Two of those engine pulls are in a mini van.:squintrun:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
My project car that I'm looking at are one of the following:
1) Shelby Mustang GT350
2) Ford Mustang GT
3) CG1 Accord (98-00)
4) The holy grail Accord, the 6-6 Sedan (06-07)
5) 04-08 TL
6) Another 3.0 Odyssey (05-07)
7) :flipthebird: Civic :flipthebird:
8) Some Acura
9) Ford F-150
10) CR2 or CR3 Accord Sedan (2013-2017)
11) R34 Nissan Skyline GTR
12) Honda S2000

NOTE: When it comes to domestic brands, I am a Ford guy :squintrun:

If the tranny ever slips (I hope not in the next 4 years), I will have someone (probably dealer) to rebuild the entire tranny. I already have a lead foot, been having VTEC Kick in Yo @ 4500 RPMs.

You probably need to narrow that list down to something you really want. It'll make life a little simpilar when it comes time to find the 1 you want. Be honest with yourself, and get the car you want. You'll be happier that way.

capsidx

Reaction score
I get what you're saying but I also dont always shop around. I have so many extra parts I almost never have to buy anything. In the event I need some specialty bolt I make do lol. But when it comes to stuff like wheels and tires thats where people get into trouble.

datechboss101

Reaction score
You probably need to narrow that list down to something you really want. It'll make life a little simpilar when it comes time to find the 1 you want. Be honest with yourself, and get the car you want. You'll be happier that way.
Thats the issue. I already have a car that I want, but I want to have my reachable dream car, my actual dream car, and a project car.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Thats the issue. I already have a car that I want, but I want to have my reachable dream car, my actual dream car, and a project car.

If you have the car you want, then either buy another like it for a project, or buy your dream car and then get a project. Just don't make your project car your every day driver. You gotta have something as a back up to get you places.
My son is looking at making his 98 Civic a track car (to go SOLO racing). He won't do that to his 08 Civic Si, as he needs it to get to work. The 08Si is basically his dream car. It checked ALL of the boxes he wanted at the time. It also has all of the items he really wanted in his 98, but weren't available (examples; K motor, & 6 speed MT, but also sunroof, 4 wheel disc brakes, even though those were available at build time... he bought it used). Granted I'm just using this as an example, but it also shows the need for a 2nd car.
Myself, I've got several projects, and several dailies I can use. I can lay up my Accord if I have to. I'm even using it as a winter car at the moment. Once it warms up, I'll probably drive something else.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I get what you're saying but I also dont always shop around. I have so many extra parts I almost never have to buy anything. In the event I need some specialty bolt I make do lol. But when it comes to stuff like wheels and tires thats where people get into trouble.

But then you have someone like Red Ryder, who was looking for a Cadillac ATS in a certain color combo, with MT and other items on his list. Those cars aren't that common, and he searched for 6 months before he found that car.

When I bought my 97 Accord, I was mainly looking for a 4 door Accord with a MT in it. At the time, I really wanted a 6th gen, but nothing was available in my price range or on Craig's List at the time. In fact there were 3 Accords on there, and the 97 that I bought was the only MT car listed. With help from a friend, 6 months later I/we found my 6th gen Accord sedan with 5 speed in my price range (I paid 350 for it). If I hadn't bought the 97, I probably would have bought the 98 Camry I was looking at, and wouldn't have bought my 99 Accord. Sometimes things have a way of working out.

datechboss101

Reaction score
If you have the car you want, then either buy another like it for a project, or buy your dream car and then get a project. Just don't make your project car your every day driver. You gotta have something as a back up to get you places.
My son is looking at making his 98 Civic a track car (to go SOLO racing). He won't do that to his 08 Civic Si, as he needs it to get to work. The 08Si is basically his dream car. It checked ALL of the boxes he wanted at the time. It also has all of the items he really wanted in his 98, but weren't available (examples; K motor, & 6 speed MT, but also sunroof, 4 wheel disc brakes, even though those were available at build time... he bought it used). Granted I'm just using this as an example, but it also shows the need for a 2nd car.
Myself, I've got several projects, and several dailies I can use. I can lay up my Accord if I have to. I'm even using it as a winter car at the moment. Once it warms up, I'll probably drive something else.

I see your point, but I got the two other cars (in my sig) while my Accord is in the shop. I'm looking at getting an Acura TLX or BMW M5, as that's my reachable dream car.. My actual dream car is a Rolls Royce Phantom (will be getting that after I buy myself a house). Just gotta save up and try to pay in cash or at least have a huge down payment to lower the monthly payments. My Accord will be my daily driver (I ain't givin her to nobody; my CG is all mine:love: :squintrun:).

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I see your point, but I got the two other cars (in my sig) while my Accord is in the shop. I'm looking at getting an Acura TLX or BMW M5, as that's my reachable dream car.. My actual dream car is a Rolls Royce Phantom (will be getting that after I buy myself a house). Just gotta save up and try to pay in cash or at least have a huge down payment to lower the monthly payments. My Accord will be my daily driver (I ain't givin her to nobody; my CG is all mine:love: :squintrun:).

See, that's the thing, in 10 or 15 years you might be able to afford the Rolls. Also by then the M5 will need a huge infusion of money to fix, while the Acura will be similar to your current Accord (mileage and wear items). It's just the way things go. And being a student for the next 4 to 8 years, you'll probably be broke for most of them. I'm not try to kill your dreams, but rather open your mind to the possibilities. Also keep in mind you'll be needing a house with a 3 car garage, or a 3 car garage with an apartment above it.:waytogo:

Back