Sick accord wont start

teidullie

Reaction score
hey fellas whats up strangest thing happens to me yesterday, walk out to the car and it wont start. now mind you it was driving just fine the other day. from then and now i have done nothing different to the car, it just sat in front of the house. when i try and start it up i hear the starter solenoid clicking and all my accessories will work like both my amps, hu, lights, fogs, and alarm. i just replaced the starter like 3 months ago so i dont think its that. when i put a meter on the batt im just getting like 9-10 volts so im taking the batt up now to advanced to have it tested so i can either identify it as the culprit or take it out of the equasion as a possible problem. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

ted

AFAccord

Reaction score
If you're battery's just at 9-10v, it probably ain't gonna start... You pretty much solved your own problem by taking it to get tested. Now get a fresh charge, start the car up, and go get your alternator tested as well.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea most cases when it clicks like that is the battery... if its the alternator, it will crank a little but wont stay on but u need a min of like 12V+ to start the car and then the alternator kicks in after that

Back