TL switchblade key remote

SKY99

Reaction score
There was a guy at Southland Mall making these things for any car... didn't work even with a remote start setup.

Last edited:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
The thing is, it's technically the chip in the key that makes it work or not (diff chip = diff frequency). Like I've seen a key + remote combo that might work (not sure if I wanna try it or not)
Here

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
True, but if that's the case, why wouldn't a key with the correct transponder chip be able to be programmed and work? See that's what I keep trying to wrap my head around is why this seems so impossible and yet to me it seems do-able if the work is put in correctly.

SKY99

Reaction score
The reason I point out the presence of a remote-start setup, is because in order for the car to start without a key in it... a duplicate key WITH an identical transponder chip is place near the ignition. So wouldn't you think that the car could start with any duplicate... transponder or not?

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i hacked up my spare key a while ago when i tried making the TL key work... i took the chip out of my key and put it in the TL switchblade, had a spare key cut, retrofitted into the TL switchblade, got it fully working (switchblade wise) and it started my car but the buttons on the remote were useless because the FCC ID is totally different so the car and the key dont work on the same frequency so it was total junk for me... went back to my old key.

Back