FS: AEM EMS Series 2 for J Series & Volk Rays TE37

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
Bought this used hoping to get my car tuned with a j32 but now I'm selling the car so will not have need for this.
These are for J Series you can use it on the stock J30 also I just wanted too wait till I was done.
Price is 850 shipped plus PP fees
You can also pick up or can meet somewhere if not too far.

Selling my TE37s sold the car and i could use the money
Preffer locals for the wheels don't want to hassle shipping

17x9.5 +35 all around
Has 2 like new Hankook V12s
215/45 other 2 no tires
Ill sell without tires too
$2200 obo

On the car

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: AEM EMS Series 2 for J Series

When this car is no longer my DD I would like to possibly T/C it, but that is still a ways off/if at all.

But educate me. What is the primary purpose of this? Are one of these worth tuning a stock J32a2 motor/ECU, or is it not worth it without F/I or building the motor? :Boo:

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score

Well my plan was to go j32 with bolt ons and tune it.
Ive seen someone do it and got 300whp with this ecu.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

When this car is no longer my DD I would like to possibly T/C it, but that is still a ways off/if at all.

But educate me. What is the primary purpose of this? Are one of these worth tuning a stock J32a2 motor/ECU, or is it not worth it without F/I or building the motor? :Boo:

Yeah it's worth it, tuning a STOCK J32A2.

On a stock J32A2 using a piggyback, you could pull around another 20 WHP out of it ...but not so much torque. The reason you cannot pull a good deal of torque using a piggyback is because those piggybacks do not advance timing. They can retard timing a certain amount but cannot advance timing.

A standalone can do both, retard and advance timing. Advancing the timing is going to pull a lot more torque out of the engine. Not to mention, a standalone can give you much better control over fuel and ignition timing maps versus a piggyback unit.

If a person was going to stay naturally aspirated with a J32A2; you can raise the rev limit with a Standalone. Of course, you need to upgrade your valve springs and retainers to handle the higher revs. When you start to raise the rev limit, you need to have better control over timing (Advancing) - thus, the standalone comes into play. That J32A2 is a strong high revving engine. The block is reinforced on the outside with extra ribbing to handle it. Upgrade the valve train and that sucka will rev to 8k no problem. But you need a good tuning solution to handle the Fuel and Ignition - thus a Standalone.

And as far as Forced Induction, a piggyback or Standalone becomes a must....but that's not my area of expertise.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Sad to hear you're selling your Accord. Every item you've put up for sale is something I either have on my car, or thought about. I'd consider getting this if I didn't spend so much time wiring up the stock ECU.

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score

Sad to hear you're selling your Accord. Every item you've put up for sale is something I either have on my car, or thought about. I'd consider getting this if I didn't spend so much time wiring up the stock ECU.

Yeah i didnt think i would ever sell it i still had plans for a lot more but now my new toy is a 2010 Evo MR.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yeah it's worth it, tuning a STOCK J32A2.

On a stock J32A2 using a piggyback, you could pull around another 20 WHP out of it ...but not so much torque. The reason you cannot pull a good deal of torque using a piggyback is because those piggybacks do not advance timing. They can retard timing a certain amount but cannot advance timing.

A standalone can do both, retard and advance timing. Advancing the timing is going to pull a lot more torque out of the engine. Not to mention, a standalone can give you much better control over fuel and ignition timing maps versus a piggyback unit.

If a person was going to stay naturally aspirated with a J32A2; you can raise the rev limit with a Standalone. Of course, you need to upgrade your valve springs and retainers to handle the higher revs. When you start to raise the rev limit, you need to have better control over timing (Advancing) - thus, the standalone comes into play. That J32A2 is a strong high revving engine. The block is reinforced on the outside with extra ribbing to handle it. Upgrade the valve train and that sucka will rev to 8k no problem. But you need a good tuning solution to handle the Fuel and Ignition - thus a Standalone.

And as far as Forced Induction, a piggyback or Standalone becomes a must....but that's not my area of expertise.

Thank you for the information. So if I'm understanding what you said correctly....this is a standalone unit, and with it I could advance the timing, and adjust fuel/ignition timing maps, which would give more power. But in doing the aforementioned, the rev limit would be raised and therefore I'd need to upgrade the valve springs and retainers.

Or can I make more power with this without raising the rev limit? Or would that be pointless? For now I didn't want to tear open the engine (car is my DD) so I wanted to see if there was a way to get more power out of a stock J32a2 without endangering anything.

Figure this is okay to discuss here since it gives anyone who is interested in this item more information.

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score

302whp stock motor just bolt ons w/AEM EMS
This was my goal thats enough for a DD imo

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Exactly what I'm looking for. That's all I wanted to achieve for now. Though if he had P2R parts, he may have had runners, plenums, spacers, etc.

Back