Car isnt starting.

Phatbass

Reaction score
I'm having starting issues.
Basically the car has power and the fuses seem to all be ok. Its just not turning over, its not knocking, clicking or anything.... I can hear the fuel pump turning on, but there is nothing else happening.

I ran into this issue once before...last time it happened it was also hot as hell and the green key light went on coincedently it was at the same location...only it fixed itself in about a minute.

I am beyond stressed right now. I'm 300 miles away from home, broke and have no tools with me.

GCv6accorD

Reaction score
I'm having starting issues.
Basically the car has power and the fuses seem to all be ok. Its just not turning over, its not knocking, clicking or anything.... I can hear the fuel pump turning on, but there is nothing else happening.

I ran into this issue once before...last time it happened it was also hot as hell and the green key light went on coincedently it was at the same location...only it fixed itself in about a minute.

I am beyond stressed right now. I'm 300 miles away from home, broke and have no tools with me.

did u try to get a jump start cause sometimes everything will light up pump working, and it could just be that the battery's cold cranking amps are low or dirty terminals... if that's not the problem take something and bang on the starter solenoid then try to turn it on...

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
auto i am assuming? i had this happen a few times as well, i could recall giving the car some gas and it starting, but don't flood it

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Find a hammer, or something that could be used as a hammer, and hit (not tap) the starter a few times. It's probably the starter or solenoid since it's not turning over, or trying to turn over. If your car is a manual try to push start it and I bet it fires right up.

finch13

Reaction score
Find a hammer, or something that could be used as a hammer, and hit (not tap) the starter a few times. It's probably the starter or solenoid since it's not turning over, or trying to turn over. If your car is a manual try to push start it and I bet it fires right up.

This.

Or, the "start" contacts in the ignition switch could be toast. That would cause everything to work except the starter.

Phatbass

Reaction score
I had some friends help me out and we charged up my battery(less than a year old) and that didnt seem to help....

the last few days it wasn't turning over as smoothly, one day it even made
whine after it turned over. Then yesterday it was really struggling to turn over.

Back