-OEM Suspension

Future Mods:

-Tinted Road Lamps/Fog Lights
-Rally Armor Universal Mud Flaps
-Tein Coilovers
-Cold Air Intake
-Tanabe Medalion Touring or Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
-Bright Blue Painted Calipers

...More in the near future, but those are the ones on my list with the limited amount of money.

Now onto the Build Thread...

Hey guys, I decided to go ahead and start my own build thread of what I have done to my car and the progress. Copy and Pasted everything from my Build thread on AcuraZine, that's why some posts seem a little off. lol.

Purchased December 1st, 2012.

I got the car cheap because they advertised it as a 'Scratch and Dent Special.' One of the most recent pictures I took of the dent that I bought it with.

Removed front license plate, Looks way better without it.

Rear brake pads went bad.

Replaced the rear pads.

Two weeks later, the front brake pads went bad. Look how dirty those old brackets were!

Replaced them with ceramic pads.

Took out my paper filter because there was pink on it and very dirty.

Replaced it with the classic K&N Filter.

Wanted a better sounding exhaust, so I had a muffler shop do the mid muffler delete. Cost me $76.

April 20th, 2013 - Last week I had to get two new front tires because mine had bulges in them. Decided to grab Eagle Authority's.
[URL=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/byratify/media/IMG_0480_zpsbc25015c.jpg.html]

This is how she currently sits right now.

I was at a car meet for 1320video (If anybody has ever heard of them). People were honking there train horns on there cars and a girl wasn't paying attention and managed to hit my back bumper, her insurance paid for it, so it wasn't a big deal. In the second picture, you can't really see it but if you look at the bumper you will see a big dent. I woke up the next morning after accident and they dent literally popped itself out.

After I washed her the other night and how she currently sits as of yesterday.

Since I just got out of school and haven't had time to do any major modifications yet. I blacked out all the chrome on the car with plasti dip, my idea for this car is to black it out. Intake is coming in next weekend, so hopefully I can move onto the engine performance side of things. I am also plasti dipping the wheels this weekend, not to sure on what color, I was thinking gold?

Well this is how I spent my Sunday...

Looks a lot better in person. I do wish that SWAT had the Gloss, but I can always do that later.

Decided to have my car look like a highlighter. Personally, I love the color.

IMG_0731 by byRatify, on Flickr

I wanted to get an Intake before the Ice Cream Cruise, but my transmission came first, since that happened, may just start saving small amounts of money to purchase a Infiniti G35 Coupe or a MazdaSpeed.

(7/30/13): Got a semi good amount of things done on Saturday and Sunday. I always heard about people with Acura TL's and CL's taking out there Intake Resonator's because it holds back 1 hp or so (lol) and it sounds nice when VTEC kicks in. I wish I would have taken progress pictures during my time of removing it, but I completely spaced it off and only got a picture of the actual resonator itself. The process was pretty easy, took a little bit longer than usual because it was my first time actually taking off my front bumper so I had to find all the push pins, screws and bolts. Took only about 30 minutes or so because some of the push pins wouldn't come out, so I used WD40 to get them out. After I took the resonator out, the bumper took only a couple minutes to put back on. I went for a drive after I put the bumper back on and you can hear the engine really good at WOT (Wide Open Throttle). I figured I would have to take off the resonator when I get a CAI, so I decided to just take it out now.

image by byRatify, on Flickr

image (1) by byRatify, on Flickr

On Sunday, I decided to clear the haze off my headlights. The haze wasn't an issue, but I had nothing else to do and I wanted to test different things out. I heard about using toothpaste, water and a microfiber towel to clear the haze off headlights and wanted to put it to the test. Surprisingly, it actually cleared most of the haze up. All I did was put water on my headlights, dry it, put toothpaste on my headlight and rubbed it in to make sure I polished the whole headlights, I let it sit for 5 minutes or so and washed the toothpaste off with a wet towel, and washed the headlight off after all the toothpaste was removed. It got rid of most of the haze, not all of it. But I was still amazed at what something most people use daily can be used to clear hazing.

The headlight on the left is what the right one looked like before I cleared it.

Leftright by byRatify, on Flickr

This is essentially what your headlight looks like when you have the toothpaste on it. The spot on the left hand side looks like there isn't much on it, but thats because I didn't wet my towel.

toothpaste by byRatify, on Flickr

toothpaste far away by byRatify, on Flickr

Annnndd...The before and after.

Before and after by byRatify, on Flickr

...And a couple photos taken before and during Omaha's Ice Cream Cruise 2013...

IMG_1044 by byRatify, on Flickr

IMG_1050 by byRatify, on Flickr

IMG_1075 by byRatify, on Flickr

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
nice car, it'll look sweet lowered with those wheels, try pushing that dent out from inside.

Btw this site doesn't condone street racing at all, no doubt some other members do it daily, we still dont approve of it. Don't mind you posting your car here, just not the place for your wins, losses, and stories. If you manage to find someone else on here who's mentioned them street racing in a thread, you'll see the endless comments of hate for it, just giving you the heads up.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Looks pretty good man. Just needs to be A LOT lower :lawl:

And yeah, street racing, no. Don't tell the stories, cause frankly we don't care nor condone it.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
The scheme reminds me of another member's car on here, our good friend Bee_Dizzle. :thumbsup:

8011033617_6ee2537daf_b.jpg

byRatify

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just ordered a Throttle body spacer and intake for her. Hopefully I'll be getting a little more power from that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice progress with this car. I like the highlighter color more than that gold, it was kind of dull and didn't do the car much justice. The blackout dipping also made it look more sleek.

You should blackhouse your headlights or pick up some 03 housings. Do you plan on adapting the TL-S OEM lip kit to fit? That always looks amazing on CL's.

Back