Do you steal from junkyards?

• Yes, any time I can, it's not wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I go to junkyards all the time, one in particular crushes cars indiscriminately to the parts of value inside them. Of course I'm going to take a few small things. Of course big things and panels, inventoried items - must be paid for. For example, been buying a bunch of Audi's lately and needing extra parts - this junk yard had an A6 which I need and crushed it the day I went! All parts wasted. I have saved so many parts from such a peril.. They now thank me on the rides I sport. Such as a mirror switch lol and more. :Get him!:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I used to go to this yard that would overcharge for just about everything. They wouldn't give prices until you came back up, and then it would be about double the price of competing places. They knew if you just spent half the day there, you'd pay. I 'made things even'.

Other than that place, which has since gone out of business, I don't steal ****. The local yards here are beyond fair, everything I've picked up lately has been about 1/4 the price I expected.

BTW

www.car-part.com

checks yards for you, and gives prices for comparison.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Exactly. "Make things even" couldn't have said it better. I think it's an unwritten rule with junkyards - they charge wayu more because they KNOW people are going to just take some of the small unaccounted for items. Vice versa - the customer gets pissed about price gouging, thus feels entitled to take a few small things. It's a symbiotic relationship, at the least.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I would like to be able to say "stealing is stealing" and it's all wrong, because I HATE thieves. Unfortunately, I couldn't say it without being a hypocrite.

I do feel pretty strongly about not stealing things other than a bolt or nut or something that has no value to the junkyard anyways, but it is a slippery slope. What's okay to steal and what's not okay to steal? And who are we to decide what's worthless to the junkyard. Hard question to answer.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
The junkyard I normally go to doesn't charge for useless things like nuts and bolts. But I'll admit I walked off with a hidden pigtail or something every once in a while. To make sure I don't feel guilty, I always make sure I do pay for a larger part I need.

Back