Slamming the ride and watching tires

Darianjr1

Reaction score
according to swift and eibach it does less mass weight on the tires when upgrade your coil springs less coil= less weight

001Stunna

Reaction score
according to swift and eibach it does less mass weight on the tires when upgrade your coil springs less coil= less weight

You're thinking of this wrong...
The cars weight doesn't change if you lower it or raise it; its still the same car. The weight on each corner might change though depending how you lower it (ie. uneven sides/corners) and its why if you are serious about tracking your car, corner weighting it is a good choice to go for.

Springs DO NOT alter the weight that goes on the tires; but if your rear springs make the car sit really high, and your front springs make the car seat really low in the front, then chances are your front tires will now carry more load/weight as the centre of gravity has changed...hence we get back to corner balancing. A spring that has more coils, and one that has less coils possibly may affect the spring compression rate but not the cars weight.

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Maybe Im thinking about this too hard but this is how I got my info
"noticeably lighter unsprung mass, smoother weight transferring, better ride quality, lower tire temperature, and increased ability to anticipate vehicle reaction" which I got from Swift upgraded coil springs.
And my guess my coils are giving my high tire temps which are causing over inflation and causing them to loose air. I may be wrong

4door accord02

Reaction score
I'm having to check my tires every 2 days cause I do lose air pretty quick on the passenger side tires for some reason? Is this normal for some of you...

Darianjr1

Reaction score
I had that problem on my driver side. But after getting all new tires mounted I no longer had the problem. Im guessing either bent rim or improper bead.

Back