Complete strut assembly?

Cato95

Reaction score
I have a 98 accord v6 sedan that needs some new suspension upgrades. My dad would prefer a quick and easy fully complete strut assembly ready to pop in and drive. He was looking at the Monroe quick struts but I've heard mixed reviews about them.

Are there any other brands that sell a , quality, fully assembled strut set? Would it be that much more difficult/expensive or worth it to buy all the parts separately?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i've never heard of any that come complete like that aside from full coilovers. are you looking to keep it oem ride height? you could always buy coilovers haha. aside from that, if you're planning to keep it oem spec, it's not much work to swap out the struts themselves, just need a spring compressor. you can rent them from some automotive stores, but i bought my own and preferred the way they worked rather than the one i could've rented.

the picture below is exactly the set i have, you just put one on each side of the spring and tighten the bolt to compress the it slightly in order to remove the top hat and other parts on top. after that, you just swap everything over to the new shock and that's it, doesn't take long at all.

41ZchN4qpQL.jpg

kn0x47

Reaction score
check out rockauto they have the monroe and kyb quick strut kits under "suspension kit." not many brands make quick struts for our cars. Monroe and kyb are supposed to be good oe style struts. I worked at advance auto for 2 years and sold a lot of monroe. never had any complaints about them plus they have a lifetime warranty.

it'll be cheaper just to buy shocks and reuse your springs and top hat but it'll be a lot faster install if you get quick struts. check out the facebook group ATL Accords. one of them may be willing to help you change out the shocks

Last edited:
Back