help with wheel fitment after lowering

6gensedan

Reaction score
I have a 99 sedan and just put a set of 17x7.5 +33 offset on with 225/45/R17 tires on it and noticed that there is a little overhang on the finders. Like the tires stick out a little bit further.. Should pulling and rolling alone be enough to lower it? I'm looking to lower it soon but don't want to have any major scrubbing problems in the future.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You should actually have 195 or 205. 225 is too fat.

Either way rolling will do some good. Next time post in the wheel fitment thread instead of making a new one.

6gensedan

Reaction score
Yeah. I've already got the tires on it. I could just pull and roll it and stance it for now. Spent a pretty penny on the tires so stuck with them now. It looks ok. Just won't be able to tuck until its time to get new tires. Will be a year or so.

6gensedan

Reaction score
Yeah. Well I've already put the tires on it. It looks decent. Just will have to fight it out until new tire time. Spent a good amount on the tires themselves. I guess just won't be able to drop it as low as I want it any time soon. It just getting into mods on my car so beginners mistake?:uhoh2:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
What will you be lowered on?

You will need to roll the fenders, pulling them will depend on how aggressive the drop is.

6gensedan

Reaction score
Well with the bigger tires, it just going to drop it to where I get rid of some of the wheel gap but would eventually like to try and get it lower.

Varnell

Reaction score
Well with the bigger tires, it just going to drop it to where I get rid of some of the wheel gap but would eventually like to try and get it lower.

Try to keep to the overall diameter of the stock wheel/tire. Getting beefy tires just fill the fender gap is pointless if you plan to drop it anyway. All you'll really do is throw off your odometer and speedometer.

Back