No start after driving car

Solo

Reaction score
I have a 2000 v6.. After driving the car and turning it off it won't start back up right away. I would have to Rev the engine for it to stay on or let it cool down for half an hour and the problem will go away.. Anyone have this problem before? Any help with be appreciated. Thx

james'99

Reaction score
This issue is commonly referred to as the "heat soak" issue. It is due to fuel turning to vapor in the fuel rail when it is hot. Best thing you can probably do for starters is a can of seafoam in the gas tank, clean your EGR ports, clean the throttle body and IAC valve. Maybe also seafoam through a vacuum line to clean the valves. Then clean the spark plugs.

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Also you can do what i did and use fuel rails and lines from a 98 v6 they are different how the fuel is sent through

Solo

Reaction score
Thx.. I saw a post about changing fuel rails. Might have to try if the sea foam doesn't work.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
heat soak issue, I'm suffering the same thing.

When I get around to my 'fix' I'll update. Currently I low fuel pressure, low enough to be affected but not cause a lean MIL. So I want to hack it to get a high pressure, as high as I can go without an MIL. Hopefully this will prevent fuel boiling, so the effects of heat soak.

Back