My ups and downs in 2007

HandoEX

Reaction score
I haven't really updated what all has happened with my car this year so I figured I'd lump everything into one thread. A TON has happened and very little of it has been good so here goes....

January: My speedometer and odometer stopped working. I never really got a chance to fix it until last week. It turns out that this problem caused me nightmares!

April: The first Test & Tune at our local track was April 28. I had upgraded quite a few parts in my car including a new wet nitrous system, Mallory ignition box, AEM wideband, and drag radials so I was really excited to see how the car would do. The best I could get out of it was something like a 17.2 at 78mph! Most of the day I was in the 19s whether on the bottle or off. Obviously, there was a TON of bugs to be worked out as the car should have been in the 15s off the nitrous and 13s on the bottle. I spent $100 on n2o and $60 to race to run 19s :jerkit: I never ran the car again this year. The car basically ran like poo all summer. I was expecting to throw a low mileage f23 in over winter until last week.

September: I opened the trunk to replace a blown tail light bulb to find my JL Audio W7, ported box, and Infinity 1200 watt amp gone! I could have killed someone I was so mad. A police report was filed and I made an insurance claim. I NEVER thought I'd get anything back. Boy was I in store for a shocker. About a month after the theft, I received a PM from a kid on our local car forum informing me that he knew who stole my stuff and was willing to help me get it back. That day, he brought me to the theives house where we spoke with his mother. She was an amazing woman and asked us to come back that day after school to confront her son. That afternoon, six of us showed up and she brought us into her house to speak with the kid. He fully confessed to multiple thefts including a Haltec and GT42 off one a '92 RX7 belonging to one of the guys with us. Half an hour later I had my audio equipment back in my car and had spoke to the police to file charges. Now, the kid and his partner in crime are facing something like six felony charges involving their little car hopping ring. One of the guys with us even took camera phone pics and a camera phone vid during parts of the 45 minutes we spent at this kid's house! Here are a couple of videos from the ordeal although they kinda suck. I'm the bald guy on the end. The theif's brother is the one standing up lecturing him in one of the vids.

A pic of the little fat bastard theif (he's sitting with his arms crossed on the left...
202807397_674071224_0.jpg

September: A week or so after the break in and theft, I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of hail. I must have been half asleep and I forgot that my car parked outside of my garage:bash: Basically, every panel on the car has damage. I claimed it on insurance and the estimate was $2500! I cashed the check and didn't fix anything. I think I'll probably leave it for a while or may never fix the dents. Almost all of them are hardly visible from 15 feet and I've got other places to spend the money.

November: I finally gave up on finding time to fix my speedometer/odometer problems and brought my car to a shop. It turns out that there was a bad ground from when we did the 5-speed swap and vtec had not been working since January! The car feels completely different across the entire powerband now and is actually fun to drive again.

So anyways, I'll hopefully get a few small projects out of the way over the winter and give it another shot in the spring. It'll be a long winter I'm sure but I'm not giving up yet:thumbsup:

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Damn man...sorry to hear all that...and thieves should have their balls ran through a chees grater...but im glad u stuck through it...and in the end ur car is runnin like it should...hope 2008 will be a better year for u

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
hey man congrats that everything is workin out for ya, i'm stoked to hear you've had some good karma workin in your favor.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
damn you didn't notice you had no vtec? that is crazy...esp on a 4cyl...i thought it was a pretty big thing to notice...

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I remember the hail storm, and just realized we live in the same damn city! Glad to hear you got your stereo back and VTEC is working again.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
NO VTEC!!!!!!

how can one live. well, atleast life is lookin up for you man

CHID0

Reaction score
That sux, but I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

HandoEX

Reaction score
damn you didn't notice you had no vtec? that is crazy...esp on a 4cyl...i thought it was a pretty big thing to notice...
I never said I didn't notice. The car ran 19s at the track for God's sake! I knew something was wrong but I didn't quite know what it was.

I remember the hail storm, and just realized we live in the same damn city! Glad to hear you got your stereo back and VTEC is working again.
Whoa, another 6th Gen guy in Fargo? Sweet! PM'd!

Back