Tranny....

Shofast

Reaction score
I would advise not rebuilding, just replace or 5spd conversion.

Mine was rebuilt in August by a 25 year veteran Honda Technician. He had the car for three months trying to figure out why the "tranny overhaul" did not solve the problem. (won't shift out of 1st, 3 gear safe mode works when soleniod is unplugged though)

$700 later we still cannot figure out the issue and my car is parked.

Sounds like your 25year vet isn't that good of a mechanic. I would get my $700 back and take it to someone else. The transmissions that honda sells for these cars are all rebuilt units these days.

HandoEX

Reaction score
Honda Dealer could not find problem either. They wanted me to pay for a new trans, like $3500. I only paid 3k for the car last year with 135K miles.

I don't know what to do.

Could it be the ecu?

Also, the ecu is not located under the passenger side floormat like my civic, where is it.
The ecu is under the dash, behind and beneath the stereo head unit.

Reaction score
yeah and as far as just going to a salvage yard and getting one...i REALLY wouldn't advise it! I'm in the same boat as you right now, but i'm going to pull out my 3rd junker tranny soon. The next one will be a manual or a self rebuilt. let me see what I can find.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
auto tranny definitely isn't "bullet proof"

without sinking a lot of money into it, if you want to stick with the auto tranny the only thing that would probably be worth replacing (for the money) would be a new torque converter.

v6p.net also used to offer a "dr. evil" tranny for v6's that was supposed to be indestructible (and cost like $6k or something) but even those have had their problems

kconn

Reaction score
I would say if u wanna do this , you would probably be able to do a 5speed swap for cheaper

Back