f23 build

hotaccord243

Reaction score
well another update! the pistons and block have arrived at ERL performance as of yesterday, so shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks or so, but will know more by end of next week!

will keep updating as i know more!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
okay so heres the deal another problem, wierd right? haha this is getting a little annoying.....

the last guy that sleeved it (the one that had the sleeves cracked) pressed in the sleeves too hard into the block and wrongly sleeved it, so that when ERL was trying press them out the block cracked!

so, i found a new block at wholesale price no tax no nothing for 275 shipped because the shops are giving me a break because of all the troubles, its at my shop being torn down to a bare block, and being shipped to ERL this afternoon, should be there early next week and should be started ASAP, because of the troubles.

and i am going after that guy for money cause this is outrageous

NASOHC

Reaction score
Man, I would be very upset, not to mention discouraged. I hope I don't run into any major BS with my NA build, which btw, I had to get another crank because we couldn't a use std. bearing set.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
i know it is unbelievable, it really is.... to tell you the truth.

most of it is payed off but its this last bit that is taking a hit on me financially, thank god for credit cards haha, its sad yet true......

i just don't feel like giving up is an option im so far and so close its like i have to keep going cause i know it'll be more than worth it in the end ya know?

ill find out more and post it as soon as i know...

hotaccord243

Reaction score
HUGE UPDATE!!!!!-

As of today, old sleeves are pressed out, and its being hottanked right now, and resleeved at ERL performance in Indiana. The block will be done by today or Monday......

Because of all my problems they are also adding an epoxy to the bottom end of the block on the sleeves to make sure they will nt move and have any more problems at no charge. This is only done to crazy race motor setups so im pretty excited!

I'm going on spring break next week so i will be picking it up sometime after the 17th and getting it put back in the car, breaking it in, and tuning it to somewhere around 400-480whp is the hope so i will let everyone know what is going on when i get back.

Back