Tranny....

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Now.. there has already been a forum on this but,.....

Has anyone actually built the auto tranny (F23)? Or is there any reason not?

Suppposidely some guy said out tranny was "bulletproof". If bulletproof how much powa!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?

Also is it better to get the tranny rebuilt (OEM)? or get it built.

Thanks Guys.:)

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Ive seen the parts and what not to build the tranny, but all Ive seen is OEM built.

Advantages and Disadvantages or building back to OEM?

Shofast

Reaction score
There are transmission supply shops that sell to all the trans rebuilding places, they sell pretty much anything available as a replacement internal other than dealer parts.
Rebuilding to stock should leave you with a transmission that is, well, like brand new. If you want to change the shift characteristics or power handling you will need to change something, even wanting to repair the design flaws that make these trannys die will require a modification.

Most transmission changes are either different clutches, valve body type work or electronic reprogramming.

97dxswap

Reaction score
I would advise not rebuilding, just replace or 5spd conversion.

Mine was rebuilt in August by a 25 year veteran Honda Technician. He had the car for three months trying to figure out why the "tranny overhaul" did not solve the problem. (won't shift out of 1st, 3 gear safe mode works when soleniod is unplugged though)

$700 later we still cannot figure out the issue and my car is parked.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like he dosent know what hes doing then.

Cause Ive rebuilt a V6 tranny before, And it wasnt hard.

97dxswap

Reaction score
Honda Dealer could not find problem either. They wanted me to pay for a new trans, like $3500. I only paid 3k for the car last year with 135K miles.

I don't know what to do.

Could it be the ecu?

Also, the ecu is not located under the passenger side floormat like my civic, where is it.

Back