manual tranny/speedo problem

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
after i did my tranny swap my speedo and mileage meter stopped working. the tach works, gas gauge, temp gauge all work. the speedometer and the milaege meter stopped work. my mechanic says the transmission is missing some sort of electrical clip that connects it to the ECU so the speedo can work. since i am selling the car, i need the speedo and definitely the mileage meter to work. does anyone know what i am talking about or where i can get one? thanks!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i don't think it's the speed sensor, but let me ask him to check. because i think he told me everything is in working order but some stupid *** clip.

HandoEX

Reaction score
My speedometer/odometer also stopped working after my car was swapped to a 5-speed. I replaced the VSS and it still doesn't work. I'm just going to drop it off tomorrow at a shop and have them fix it.

Do you know if the 3 wire VSS connecter was put on during the swap? If not, that's your problem. I pulled mine off an EG at a junk yard.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
man...its must be a common thing...my speedo doesnt work either...but the gas/temp/rpm everythin else works...i took off the cluster to see if the wiring or anythin was loose and reconnect...still nothin....let me know if u guys solve this speedo problem...mines a 5speed too

Back