Junkyard Build up?

BoostMe99

Reaction score
Okay, I've sourced out a turbo for my build up. Its off of a volvo 740 (GAR TB0326) Oil cooled.They also have ones that are watercooled. Which is better, oil or water cooled? Next is the manifold. Is there one I can take off another car that would work on the f23? Somewhat like the dsm ones for the f22. Ive seen the ones on ebay, but rather get a junkyard one if possible. For the time being anyway. Im not looking for crazy numbers. Around 250hp is fine for now. I have an auto so yeah I believe the tranny can only handle around that much anyway. And lastly, if needed, I'll source out some injectors (dsm 450cc) to bump the fuel. Will those plug into the f23 or do they require some modifying? Thanks!

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Why junk yard it? Turbo setups are so cheap anymore there is no need to take this route. This is what everyone done back in the day when turbos kits were around 3-4 grand.

BoostMe99

Reaction score
Sad to say but even $800+ is out of my budget. But like I said Im not looking for crazy hp. Just a little boost at maybe 5-6psi around 200-250hp is okay for me for now. Its wifeys car and besides its an auto, cant expect too much from it. Just a little kick to help me keep up with some of the boys around here. Until I can pick up a cheap crx or somethin to play with.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
..you're not going to see 200-250hp at 5-6psi..you should be aiming for at least 8psi minimum..

HandoEX

Reaction score
You'll need a resistor box to run dsm 450s.

As far as I know, there isn't a manifold from a stock turbo car that will fit the exhaust ports of the f23. A $200 log manifold on ebay is probably the best bet for cheapness.

Be careful with that transmission. They don't hold much power at all.

BoostMe99

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info guys. I guess I can hold off on gettin that turbo since it max out at 7psi if I was to look for 8+psi. Seems like Im gettin closer towards the inevitable 5sp swap (decisionwise) to really take advantage of boosting.

Back