Bent rim....

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
Alright, so basically, due to my stupidity/inexperience being a 16 year old driver, i (unbeknownst to me at the time) acquired a dent in my rim....

The bend is ever so slight....barely noticeable....but its enough that my tire doesnt hold air anymore....

also i apologize, i havent cleaned them yet, my wheels in the pics were dirtier than Rep. Anthony Weiner on a saturday night. :jae: so sorry about that.

but anyways....

Wheel as a whole (can you spot the bend?)

photo6.jpg

Here is a normal portion of the rim:

photo7.jpg

Here is the slight bend:

photo8.jpg

I brought it to NTB today, they said it would be about $120 to form it back into shape....excluding the tire re-mounting cost (an extra $40 for low-profiles :doh:)

the guy also suggested to not try to bend it back yourself (obviously, because the rim could crack, its not steel.....however, its not all aluminum either, these rims are an alloy mix).....

BUT

anyways

does anyone have a suggestion of what to do? Can i fix this myself? or should i not risk it and just pay?

Ive got money....but being a 16yr old kid, its alot different than you guys haha....near $150 is crazy for someone like me.... so idk if i wanna just pay yet....

any info/thoughts would be appreciated....

thank you

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Roll around on stocks until u acquire the expendable cash to get the wheel bent back. If I were you I'd not try and bend the rim back on its own.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I'm 17 I when i bent a rim on my moms car i brought it to some rundown shop in a bad section of a city(hempstead) and have them do it for dirt cheap.

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
A new rim probably cost that much. ADR wheels are fairly cheap

i looked, but mine are an 07 model, discontinued, and they are hard to find the exact pattern/style that i have....and even so, only found one site with them, and it looks pretty sketchy....

it was askin for $103 per rim (which is uneasily low....)

so with a mounting with a new tire would be back up in the $140 range...

so idk i might have to resort to letting the shop do it....

*also side note, they said it might discolor my chrome lip cuz they heat it with a torch.... which is understandable, but im not happy about...

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
Roll around on stocks until u acquire the expendable cash to get the wheel bent back. If I were you I'd not try and bend the rim back on its own.

+1

I'm 17 I when i bent a rim on my moms car i brought it to some rundown shop in a bad section of a city(hempstead) and have them do it for dirt cheap.

LOL @ bad section of city

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
theres a good possibility that when they do fix it, be it an aftermarket rim, there might be some yellowing/browning at the spot where the bend is after its fixed..this being due to them having to heat it up to bend it back to shape..

same thing happened to me with my enkei's..bent one and had it fixed...theres browning around the lip where they bent it back..didnt matter though cuz it turned out the wheel was cracked on the inside and the way it was bent was making it hold air like normally til it was fixed..

my wheels were discontinued and its next to impossible to find em on ebay in the right bolt pattern so im in the process of acquiring a whole new set 2 at a time

hirichard

Reaction score
i say sell the wheels to someone who can afford the wheels without breaking the bank, and then save up for new wheels.

Back