5 Speed Swapped

What do you think of doing an AT to MT 5Spd Swap?

• Total voters

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
ask everyone, i did the swap and $2500 is good.
just make sure you are getting new parts because for $2500 i got new axles, new lines, new etc.

problems i ran into was the pedal did not contact right because there was a bracket we needed.
also my speedo did not work correctly so we had to change some wiring harness.
my reverse lights do not work and we're trying to figure out why.
i swapped for a Fidanza Flywheel and a Exedy Clutch also.
and no i did not register to DMV because they don't ask whether the car is MT or AT.

any other questions hit me up.
only thing i have to say is that it is still work in progress on little tiny things. the car drives beautifully but little things come up.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Let me see what I can find tomorrow and I'll post a reply for you. I can do the labor for less and get the necessary parts needed from a wrecking contact/s. Maybe consider H series if you want? I do have the OE F23 5sp out of my car I can sell in case you don't, just need all the hyd. parts, linkages/pedal assembly etc. Ayone who has info. on parts list can PM me so I know what to get in case I miss something.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres a $300 h23 trans for sale locally, just to give you an idea if you wait out for a deal...

pyaarawala

Reaction score
It really depends, if you just want a fun DD, then I don't think it's worth it. If you really wanna take your car far, like doing a motor build or turbo build, then it's worth it. I'm not saying that you need a manual to do those builds but just for the sake of having "fun," I wouldn't dump that kind of money for the swap.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
the H22 has short gearing if i'm not mistaken which people did not recommend me when i did the swap
the F23 has long gearing which people said was good for turbo later, i am still not sure why this is.
the middle road was the H23 it had a medium balanced gearing

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
If you plan to turbo your car after the 5spd swap at some point it will be better to stick with the F23 tranny since it has longer gears but not a must. Also you will run in to the problem with the clutch pedal unless you install some spacers behind the clutch pedal assembly which you should do before hand and not after. You will have a problem with the linkage extension and won't be able to go in gears at times I did not find out for a while and kept driving my car till we found out it was not a clutch problem. The stock 5spd accord came out of the factory with this spacer welded on to the firewall so the automatic born accords are out of luck, it was a real pain in the *** to find this out because no one listed this issue in any DIY's I could find. $2500 parts an labor is not that bad really but if your shop is doing the labor for $900 you can really find the parts for dirt cheap. You can also take out the immobilizer chip from your auto ecu and retrofit it in a 5spd ecu vs running the automatic ecu and having a CEL and other problems. I would highly suggest going with new Slave Cylinder and Clutch master cylinder that's very recommended, mine failed after a while so I went and changed both of them and never had a problem since so buy new.

Last edited:

Ric Rock

Reaction score
I got a few trannys im looking at right now for pretty cheap with low mileage and one with no mileage how many miles does the tranny u got have? cheaper labor FTW!!!! thanks bro for the help!!!! let me know what u can get and i'll provide all the misc parts.

Let me see what I can find tomorrow and I'll post a reply for you. I can do the labor for less and get the necessary parts needed from a wrecking contact/s. Maybe consider H series if you want? I do have the OE F23 5sp out of my car I can sell in case you don't, just need all the hyd. parts, linkages/pedal assembly etc. Ayone who has info. on parts list can PM me so I know what to get in case I miss something.

Back