Head Gasket Replacement Help!

Ped

Reaction score
Hey guys...just found out my oil is getting milky...time for a new head gasket.

I just need to know what all I need to know before attempting this. I'm close to scrapping the whole car but I'll make one last attempt at replacing the head gasket before I do so.

If anyone has any step by step instructions/tips and tricks i'd highly appreciate it. First off... I see head gaskets and head gasket sets...which particular gaskets do I need? I'm planning on replacing the intake and exhaust manifold gaskets along with the head gasket...anything else I need to know or do while i'm in there? Thanks again guys.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Taking off your head involves removing your timing belt, because the cam gear on ur head is attached to the t-Belt. Since your down there, you might as well buy a new timing belt,balance belt,water pump, new cam seal,camshaft seal, unless this has already been done in the last 30,000 miles or so. Anything more than that, you should just do it again to save the headache of removal later on down the road.

They sell head gasket kits. Im not sure how many seals are involved for this car. If you over-heated your car, you warped your head and need to get it shaved flat. If its beyond repair, u need a new head or engine.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
www.tasauto.com -

- Headgasket Set (depends on LEV, ULEV, or SULEV)
- Timing Belt Package ($99.95)
- Throw in a cam seal and distributor seal for good measure
- Tensioner
- New dowel pins
- Check your stock head studs for stretch or buy new ones from ARP (H23)
- Get the head checked anyways

Back