ABS Code

Madelinot169

Reaction score
I took my car to a Honda dealer last week and I had an ABS light on since I bought it. They pulled out a lot of problems, but then he reset the computer, and the light came back on and he ran the test again and then he figured out it was the ABS speed sensor on the driver's side that was broke.

They gave me a price and it was $100(CA) for the part and then for them to fix it, it would cost me $200(CA) in total. I was thinking of ordering the part and then changing it myself, I mean it can't be very hard to do?

Note: I dont have a garage and i'd have to do it in the parking lot of my appartment building.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8781&highlight=wheel+speed+sensor

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31557&highlight=wheel+speed+sensor

I tried replacing my right rear a few weeks ago, and it was going well up until I had to remove the sensor from the back of the hub. It was seized in there and the rubber just broke apart as I tried removing it. I tried to loosen/free it and ended up removing the back half of the sensor, and all the copper coiling came out. I never did get the rest of it out, it was pretty annoying. So just give yourself an early start and you'll be fine.

Btw I bought my sensor from TASauto for around 60.

Last edited:

NotNice

Reaction score
how much did they charge to check. I need to know where my problem is. had it on since i change my suspension. im pretty sure i hit one of the lines too hard

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The ABS light would go on and off randomly, when it finally stayed on I had Honda pull the code, then I went and bought a sensor from TAS. I have yet to finish the job, I've been driving without ABS for a couple years lol.

Madelinot169

Reaction score
Yeah i got Honda to get the code, cost me about $36 (CA). And yeah i think i might just get them to do it, I barely have any tools and a very small parking lot. Its gonna cost me tho.

Back