4Cylinder Power loss

LASICGARAGECG

Reaction score
I’ve been owning my 6th gen for a little over a year now and about a month ago I’ve been feeling power loss from my motor. It starts up good and everything, have battery and good alternator. When it’s cold and you step on it, it will get right on it, but once it is warm the car starts to lose power as you first accelerate and when you push the pedal to get the speed going the motor sounds like it’s working harder than it is supposed to. I’ve done fully tune up, I do my tune ups regularly. I’ve been reading forums and people say it’s clogged up Catalytic converters but mines has a leak due to being low. I’ve changed both O2 sensors. The car runs fine on the freeway when it’s about 3k RPM going 70-75mph. When I step on it once the car is warm, the vtec lags and the car dosent pick up as it usually would. Anybody have answers to help please?

LASICGARAGECG

Reaction score
Meaning my car is slammed. So when I go on my driveway and stuff it basically broke into the catalytic converter. There’s a leak under it. Any solutions fellow 6th gen owners??

LASICGARAGECG

Reaction score
Well I’m just trying to see if that is the problem because my uncles a mechanic and checked out my car and I told him it could be it, he said no, it has a leak. If it was clogged it wouldn’t matter because it has a leak and will just come it the catalytic converter. 215K mileage on the motor. I’m trying to find out if I need to change something else other than that that’s making my car so sluggish

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I’m just trying to see if that is the problem because my uncles a mechanic and checked out my car and I told him it could be it, he said no, it has a leak. If it was clogged it wouldn’t matter because it has a leak and will just come it the catalytic converter. 215K mileage on the motor. I’m trying to find out if I need to change something else other than that that’s making my car so sluggish

Your uncle has it backwards

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Just install a test pipe and delete the cat. It's useless. Unless you live in a terrible state with emissions testing.

Back