Tire Recommendation

J30MAN

Reaction score
I have mine in 195/65/15(on stock steelies) so they're as comfortable as they get in my opinion. Road noise wise i would say "nothing at all" as to me they're damn quiet.

Take a look at the Hankook W409 Winter i-Pike as well if you want. Same tread design and also a great tire.

Goodyear assurance is a good tire, they make different versions also. I had the thriple tread and they lasted me about 50,xxx. About half the time the car was slammed on its face with these tires.

One day I will have winter tires :(
lol I want to winter mode my cl on steelies.

i'm a pretty firm believer in hankook. id get their winter tires, but i get around just fine all winter on their all seasons, so i don't see the need for the extra money to be spent, haha. i'd totally rock the studs if i got them though :lawl:

Pepper buy blizzaks for your stock wheels

Andy I have been using snow tires for the past year and half on te cavalier.. Snow tires are all seasons

All seasons and snow tires are night and day.
I used to use "all season" before and switching to dedicated snow tires makes a night and day difference when you have to be the first one to plow through snow/ice at 5am in the morning.
Blizzaks are good but you can get good snow tires for much less

Depending on how weather is where one lives...getting a dedicated summer/winter tires can end up being quite worth it.

Thanks for all of the comments guys. And thanks for the videos Stunna.

J30MAN

Reaction score
General Artics show way better results than the Firestones I first had my heart set on. Hmm....and they're reasonably cheaper.

Narftastic

Reaction score
Omfg Johnny you put waaaay to much thought in stuff!!!
I hope this doesn't get upto 28+ pages :lawl:

Just go to pepboys or sts or whatever and ask them for the cheapest snow tires!!
That's what I did and payd like 270 all together, and the tires are great, your just using them for winter u don't need anything crazy or expensive.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Omfg Johnny you put waaaay to much thought in stuff!!!
I hope this doesn't get upto 28+ pages :lawl:

Just go to pepboys or sts or whatever and ask them for the cheapest snow tires!!
That's what I did and payd like 270 all together, and the tires are great, your just using them for winter u don't need anything crazy or expensive.

Your logic process kills me. Just for winter? Its only your head you're risking anyways, nothing much...
Your tires are just the only thing touching the road and keeping you on the road. GOOD job on all the money you spend on your other mods, you'll miss them if/when you're on a ditch since your **** tires had no grip around that tight turn you could not feel due to your stiff coilovers.

Narftastic

Reaction score
Clearly I was driving very low and my coils where on the stiffest setting on the "cheap" tires in 4inch snow and I could turn n feel grip perfectly fine. Thanks for ur input tho :thumbsup:

J30MAN

Reaction score
No need for the hate guys. Everyone has their own opinion. Just Vlads sucks...lol jk.

make_low_not_war_stance_drop_vinyl_sticker_decal_grafixpressions_grfxp.gif

Back