*Urgent* Vacuum leak?

J30MAN

Reaction score
I just got done cleaning my intake and egr ports out. Reinstalled everything and torqued everything. All hoses and connectors are connected. Im getting hovering rpms around 1000-1800ish. Sounds like a vacuum leak? HELP!

Brad2274

Reaction score
ive heard that to check for vacuum leaks you can have the engine idling and spray carb cleaner on the vacuum lines and if you hear the rpms pick up then you have a leak, ive never tried that but i heard several people suggest it when my engine did that, for me it ended up being the IACV

J30MAN

Reaction score
I do remember seeing carbon&carb clean leaking through the iacv. Could that be my answer?

J30MAN

Reaction score
Is this iacv the little round sensor looking thing plugged into the back of the intake manifold?

Brad2274

Reaction score
its under the throttle body if you have a v6,(its a boxy looking think with a plug) and you definitely have a leak or a bad iacv because idle on a v6 should be 650 +/- 50 rpm in park or neutral

Last edited:

AccordUser

Reaction score
I just got done cleaning my intake and egr ports out. Reinstalled everything and torqued everything. All hoses and connectors are connected. Im getting hovering rpms around 1000-1800ish. Sounds like a vacuum leak? HELP!

The IAC Valve is gonna be attached directly under your throttle body on a V6 accord. Is there a possiblity you may have over torqued your IM when you put it back on and cracked a gasket. If you didn't have a leak before your started AND you didnt clean your IAC, I would go back and check the IM gasket, throttle body gasket, and the little gasked right above the pcv valve (back right of IM). It's not common for them too crack but some people are stronger than they think:owned:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Well I didn't over torque it. But I have had the throttle body and IM off about 3 times before. And everytime I have cleaned the gaskets. So maybe I messed the gaskets up. Im not with the car right now. I had my mom gimme a ride to her house. Tomorrow my buddy is bringing me to my dads. I'll check it then. Keep the info comin guys. Thanks.

Brad2274

Reaction score
if i were you id pull off the iacv and clean it out real good and then change the gasket for it, good luck

001Stunna

Reaction score
Grab a bottle of TB Cleaner or Carb Cleaner and spray around all the gaskets, hoses etc...you'll notice when you spray into the leak.

...or simply take everything off, scrape off the old gaskets and buy some new gaskets for them and torque down appropriately.

jwong512

Reaction score
Just curious, did you take off the negative terminal on the battery and reset the ECU? I had the same thing happened to me and even after disconnecting the battery, it didn't help. I just drove it off and gave it a couple of WOT's and it went away after about 10 minutes of driving.

Back