DEPO or TYC?

truWarier02

Reaction score
I've had Depo's since forever. If anything, I can't even tell the difference between these and OEM.

I blackhouse'd them like 3 years back and the lenses have never hazed/fogged up and they're still clear. On top of that, the blackhousing paint is still pretty much perfect.

Even though I've never had TYC's, I'd still choose Depo any day of the week.

sidenote: Just do what fastflyinaccord said. When you get your headlights, just open them up and seal it again with some more silicone.

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
tyc can guarantee a perfect fitment,

depo, not too sure...

i say, get tyc and retrofit ur oem housing... LOL

I was always curious about TYC because I always thought thats what body shops used in crashes. Since they are less expensive than OEM and still name brand.

I've had a pair of Ebay blackhouse and had really bad luck. Thank you for the links though.

I always thought DEPO was better OEM fitment than TYC? I've never used either though.

John they sell DEPO's other places than Ebay, just google 98-02 Accord DEPO headlights, I'm sure some websites will come up. TAS may even sell them, can't remember.

I'll look around. Thanks Chris.

I've had Depo's since forever. If anything, I can't even tell the difference between these and OEM.

I blackhouse'd them like 3 years back and the lenses have never hazed/fogged up and they're still clear. On top of that, the blackhousing paint is still pretty much perfect.

Even though I've never had TYC's, I'd still choose Depo any day of the week.

sidenote: Just do what fastflyinaccord said. When you get your headlights, just open them up and seal it again with some more silicone.

Seems like DEPO's are going to have to be my choice.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
depo is what most shop use to replace, cuz their fitment are really really good,

but if u want custom look like tuner look not oem u go with tyc for that almost perfect fitment,

it just depend on ur style of headlight u want

J30MAN

Reaction score
depo is what most shop use to replace, cuz their fitment are really really good,

but if u want custom look like tuner look not oem u go with tyc for that almost perfect fitment,

it just depend on ur style of headlight u want

Why what's different on the TYC's?

Cpyro

Reaction score
I think ppl forget that TYC has OEM style headlights for our cars. normally when u say TYC ppl think clear lens projector style headlights. I bought a set of headlights off of ebay with a grill and they were fine. but when chido did my retro for me i had him use my OEM housing and the ebay lens since it was new. now u say u have to restore urs once a week, what do u mean? are u laying down some wax on ur headlights? a few layers of wax can help.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I think ppl forget that TYC has OEM style headlights for our cars. normally when u say TYC ppl think clear lens projector style headlights. I bought a set of headlights off of ebay with a grill and they were fine. but when chido did my retro for me i had him use my OEM housing and the ebay lens since it was new. now u say u have to restore urs once a week, what do u mean? are u laying down some wax on ur headlights? a few layers of wax can help.

Well when I did my Blackhouse a while back in 11' the lens had tint on the lower strip. So when it came time that I blackhoused them I didnt want the tint on the lens anymore. So like an idiot I figured a light wipe Acetone would take it off. Which it did. But also left hairline cracks all over the lens. Now to minimize the visibility of said cracks I have to buff and wax the headlights weekly.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah know what, I think TYC’s projector housings are the ones whose lenses have no lines. So I think whether you are buying DEPO or TYC, they will both have the lines if they are OEM style. Sorry for the confusion.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Ah know what, I think TYC’s projector housings are the ones whose lenses have no lines. So I think whether you are buying DEPO or TYC, they will both have the lines if they are OEM style. Sorry for the confusion.

It's all good Chris. I knew you were confused anyway :lawl:

Back