*URGENT* Hovering RPM's

J30MAN

Reaction score
Take off your bypass and observe as the car heats up. It might just fix your problem as coolant was meant to go there for a reason...

I've had it like that for atleast a year or more. But I will do that tomorrow. Done working on it today lol, just a tad chilly here.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I've had it like that for atleast a year or more. But I will do that tomorrow. Done working on it today lol, just a tad chilly here.

Just take it off (hook it up as it was) and let the car run as you go inside and warm up...and as the car warm ups too.:poke:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Just take it off (hook it up as it was) and let the car run as you go inside and warm up...and as the car warm ups too.:poke:

I will tomorrow asap, it's a half day of school so I will have a little bit more "height of day" warmth to help me lol.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I will tomorrow asap, it's a half day of school so I will have a little bit more "height of day" warmth to help me lol.

Hopefully it provides some more insight into the problem. Before putting it back, check whatever you used to close the port and/or spray that with some carb cleaner as well and note any changes in idle. If no change...put it back and let the car warm up

J30MAN

Reaction score
Hopefully it provides some more insight into the problem. Before putting it back, check whatever you used to close the port and/or spray that with some carb cleaner as well and note any changes in idle. If no change...put it back and let the car warm up

Well, those line have coolant pass through them, not air

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well, those line have coolant pass through them, not air

right, but those lines connect to the iacv? correct
now that they dont any more you plugged the ports on the iacv with something right?
could it be that whatever you plugged the ports with isn't providing a seal? (just an idea before you put it back to stock setup)

intel0116

Reaction score
i had a very similar problem about a year ago, your symptoms are the same as the symptoms/issues i was having. what fixed it for me was 2 things.

1. i reversed the TB coolant override, put it back to stock, i dont know if you have that mod but if you do its worth a try to reverse it.

2. i sprayed 2 cans worth of TB cleaner threw the TB and all the vacume hoses. had a sh!t load of white smoke coming out of my tail pips, i just kept spraying till it stoped.

i was told by a tec. that the coolant that goes threw the TB not only keeps it form freezing, but also prevents sludge build up because it makes the TB to hot for stuff to stick on to. i dont know how true that is im not a tec. , but it does make some sence .....

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
I put the throttle body coolant bypass all back to normal. The car is still acting up. I have the intake off, when it was idle high then idling up and down I put my finger over the idle control slot inside the throttle body and I was able to get the car to idle alot lower. So I assume there is a vacuum leak or the IAC sensor is crapped out.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I put the throttle body coolant bypass all back to normal. The car is still acting up. I have the intake off, when it was idle high then idling up and down I put my finger over the idle control slot inside the throttle body and I was able to get the car to idle alot lower. So I assume there is a vacuum leak or the IAC sensor is crapped out.

Did you try letting it run for 5-10mins?
Try spraying some TB cleaner in that lil slot from inside the TB and see if it improves anything

J30MAN

Reaction score
Did you try letting it run for 5-10mins?
Try spraying some TB cleaner in that lil slot from inside the TB and see if it improves anything

Ill try letting it warm up. Spraying that much cleaner through the engine isn't bad?

Back