Battery Warning light

J30MAN

Reaction score
I was driving from my Dad's House to my Mom's house today and decided to take the long/backroad way there.

On the way there I was feeling a bit "Spirited" and took off from a Stop sign slow then once my car shifted into second I gave it half throttle then slowly got on it and let off at 5000k Rpm's and let the engine shift into 3rd. I wasnt going fast or anything. And nobody was around.

But I noticed that as soon as I let off the battery light popped on for literally half a second.

Loose ground? Bad Battery? Bad Alternator? No big deal? Help?...haha.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Vtec light Haha jk.

Has it happened before? If its gone, might be just that moment kind of thing.

Wouldn't worry to much about it unless it stayed on, but keep that in mind incase lol.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Never happened before to the best of my knowledge. But Im going to check the voltage of my Alternator and Battery tomorrow while its running. And check all of my grounds. Just for piece of mind.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Oh alright, was wondering if you did then it might be the wire being grounded to paint.

Yep I guess best luck is to check the voltage.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I usually check it atleast once a week but I havent in a while. So idk. It's usually 12.3-12.5 at the battery.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
It's probably your alternator telling you it will poop on you in a while. That's exactly what it did to me before it died. Next thing will be the door lights.

jwong512

Reaction score
I would check all the connections first to make sure they are tight and bolted down. It's possible that if they weren't bolted properly that they came loose during the spirited driving.

J30MAN

Reaction score
It's probably your alternator telling you it will poop on you in a while. That's exactly what it did to me before it died. Next thing will be the door lights.

Whelp, time to start looking into the cheapest Odyssey Alt. Ive always wanted to upgrade.....but this time it will be mandatory.

Back