Looking for someone who can help me raise my coilovers on car

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay. I got the front done by myself but due to lacking knowledge and tools and time, couldn't do the rear. I'd like to have someone do the rear for me as I'm not too interested in doing the work by myself. Thank you.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Do you have the same suspension in rear as in front? If so it should work the same way in the rear. Usually it's just a matter of turning the perch the spring sits on with the spanner wrench that came with the suspension. So ideally you jack up the car, remove the wheel if need be, and make the adjustments.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Do you have the same suspension in rear as in front? If so it should work the same way in the rear. Usually it's just a matter of turning the perch the spring sits on with the spanner wrench that came with the suspension. So ideally you jack up the car, remove the wheel if need be, and make the adjustments.

It's the same, but I don't know it seemed like it was pretty hard. It wasn't the same as the front. For the front, I had to loosen the part that connects to the bottom of the shock, and then I was able to spin it while I had someone stand up on the brake part so it'll move down. Even then it was still really hard to spin and a lot of hard work. I just don't seem to know what I'm doing so I want to have it done.

The rear didn't seem as easy, and I ended up just putting it all back together.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Okay. Well if you want to take a photo I or someone else can look at and see if we can help you do it. Btw, I bought a 4' long steel pipe from Home Depot and used that to leverage the suspension down, it made things exponentially easier since I was doing the job alone.

Otherwise, I'm sure there's someone in your area who can help you out in person. MikeyMike is in Yonkers which isn't too far from you.

Varnell

Reaction score
Any custom car shop/racing shop should know how to do it. They'll also have the equipment to properly align it. Must be plenty of them in NY.

Back