Tan Interior Swap

Denton1000

Reaction score
I’m swapping my interior and thought it might be interesting so I figured I’d make a post about it. So my coupe’s drivers seat bracket broke therefore I’ve had the back seat laid down holding my front seat up so it doesn’t rock for about a year now I think. Fast forward to now and I recently decided that I’m keeping my accord for life as a continual project/fun car. I’ve been trying to find a good drivers seat or even both front seats that I could easily swap into my car. I thought about using TL seats but the guy wanted too much money and I would have to wire them anyway so back to looking for accord seats. I just found an 02 coupe like mine (but it’s a 4 cylinder) and thought that it would be great to pull the seats from. The problem with that is my black car has the expected black leather and the red coupe I would be pulling the seats from has tan leather. I decided to keep looking but then got an idea. I could keep looking for who knows how long, or give my black car a tan interior. That’s exactly what I’m doing, I’m about to go get front and back seats and eventually swap them in. So while most people are swapping from tan to black, I’m going to be weird and different and go from black to tan. I’ll post pictures of the seats when I get them and then whenever I get around to putting them in my car, I’ll post pictures of that too.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Where in Ohio are you? I have both front seats in good condition, in tan.

I think a black 6GA with the tan interior could be nice looking, like how black Acura CL's were available with tan interiors.

Denton1000

Reaction score
I’m down near Cincinnati, the car that I’m probably getting seats from is in Columbus which kinda sucks but it’s an excuse for a road trip. I think it could be interesting especially if I go further than just seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Why not swap the black seat covers onto the tan seat frames? Or am I missing something?
Don't get me wrong, the tan seats would probably look good in a black car.

Denton1000

Reaction score
I’m lazy and would rather do more work while making myself think that I’m doing less.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I’m down near Cincinnati, the car that I’m probably getting seats from is in Columbus which kinda sucks but it’s an excuse for a road trip. I think it could be interesting especially if I go further than just seats.

Ah well I am on the east side of Cinci, if you are interested let me know and I can take photos.

Denton1000

Reaction score
Whoa, we’re pretty close! Thanks but I think I’m a little far into this deal to back out unfortunately otherwise I would pick up your set.

98acclude

Reaction score
ya know, people always **** on a tan interior but I really think tan looks nice if you take care of it... I feel like peoples hate with tan interior just comes with the amount of maintenance required to keep it fresh. I'd rock a tan interior if I had one to swap! good luck man!

Back