Coilover adjustment help please.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
How do you adjust the actual ride hight of the coilover when the coilover is installed and the wheels are on and the bolts on the suspension assembly has been tightened. When the pitch fork bolt is tighted I cannot turn the height adjuster. I have searched and searched and I cannot find a definet awnser and Ive watched 2 youtube videos but none have shown how to adjust the coilover when on the car its frustrating. BTW I have Function and Form type 1s without the dampener adjustability.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I understand that video and all Ive watched it. But the real question is how do I adjust teh coilovers when they are ON the car not off the car...I know its the same way.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
1. take off your tire\
2. loosen the collar above the lower perch
3. loosen the 14mm bolt on the front fork and
4. turn the perch Up to lower it and DOWN to raise it up.

I've adjusted my f2 type 1's many of times

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
My coilovers have preloaded spring rates. So they have an adjustable collar at the bottom also for the ride height, how do I adjust them when they are on the car lmao

swollen_cu

Reaction score
My coilovers have preloaded spring rates. So they have an adjustable collar at the bottom also for the ride height, how do I adjust them when they are on the car lmao

I JUST TOLD You how...

here's a picture with text...

asdf.jpg

The rears are harder...

1. take out your backseat and get to the top mount bolts for the coilover, take them out
2. Jack up the car
3. take your tire off
4. Loosen the gold thing that i labeled in the picture for the front
5. twist the entire upper part of the shock body until desired height is acheived.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
But we tried that and when we take the fork bolt out we can only adjust the the collar but the perch even with the bolt out is almost impossible to turn

Accord281

Reaction score
I have found that it is easier to take off the nuts on top of the strut, loosen the bottom collar, then have someone lean on the lugs to push the entire hub down and then spin the whole strut. The fork seems to hold the sleeve too tight so it is damn near impossible to spin the sleeve.

Your other option is to take out the pinch bolt on the fork and then take out the lower bolt, knock the fork off the sleeve, then spin the sleeve.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
But we tried that and when we take the fork bolt out we can only adjust the the collar but the perch even with the bolt out is almost impossible to turn

I have found that it is easier to take off the nuts on top of the strut, loosen the bottom collar, then have someone lean on the lugs to push the entire hub down and then spin the whole strut. The fork seems to hold the sleeve to tight so it is damn near impossible to do it that way.

Your other option is to take out the pinch bolt on the fork and then take out the lower bolt, knock the fork off the sleeve, then spin the sleeve.

I've done it on my car plenty of times and never had a problem spinning the perch.

Back