Air sencor relocate

accordboost

Reaction score
I had a idea of sitting the iat sencor on my cold air intake, because where it is on our v6 accords. it is picking up hot air from the throttal body been so close to the engine.

so i had a crack at it removed the sencor then drilled a hole in the intake and fitted it. Then i plugged in the whole in the throttal body. i started the car and it ran really crapy like it had to much timing advance.

Does any one know how this could be done relocateing it to a colder part of the car??? cause me car went crazy it did not like this at all

It's a 99 accord v6 3.0 automatic

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
The AIT sensor needs to be as close to the head as possible. Since that is what the actual temp of the air is as it enters the engine. If its at the bottom of the cold air intake, then ECU is going to think that its okay to add fuel and timing since the car is running in "colder" conditions, even though it is not. Put it back where it was.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
633666330688014243-spellcheck.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
It's a good thing you asked before you did it. Things are on your car where they are for a reason.

accordboost

Reaction score
I already did do it. and i put it straight back could hardly make it up the road.

the reason i wanted to do this mod was i was hopeing it would trick the computer into thinking it was colder that what it was reading once the car is warmed up and advance the timing a bit and ad abit more fuel for boost.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
its not a bad idea, thats what the AEM V2 intakes do on our V6's anyway, just check out the instructions. Years back I had a discussion about this and the guy told me he tried this on his AEM V1 intake and it worked better then the V2 with the same IAT sensor relocate. Basically its going from the rear inatake manifold plenum to the intake in front of the TB.

It does make you wonder how much heat soak it recieves vs realistically how much hotter the air actually gets and how much it picks up from its surroundings as it goes through the intake system.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I already did do it. and i put it straight back could hardly make it up the road.

the reason i wanted to do this mod was i was hopeing it would trick the computer into thinking it was colder that what it was reading once the car is warmed up and advance the timing a bit and ad abit more fuel for boost.

Richining the fuel mixture does not make more power.

Back