need help!! locked engine

2eyecandy15

Reaction score
my engine locked up in my 98 sedan and i cant turn it to remove torque converter bolts...any help?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
more info plz

your engine is locked? as in rusted up? if not, have you taken out the spark plugs to relieve the compression?

if your engine is dead, locked up, then why are you taking out the auto tranny and not the whole thing?

2eyecandy15

Reaction score
alright here the scoope, like 5 months ago i cracked my radiator and my car was over heating i just got a new job and couldnt be late and **** so i kept on driving it even tho it was over heating..all in all i enden up cracking my head..i bought a legit replacement f23 from a friend and im getting another friend to drop it in..he just called me and told me my old engine has "siezed" up..he got 3 bolts off the torque converter but he cant turn the engine to get to the other 3, he/we need to know what we can do to revove old engine?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
try to hook up a 19 mm socket to the crank pulley and get a big cheater bar (5-7'). put all your weight on that bar, if you can't break it then iono what to tell ya

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Your crank shaft bearing have welded themselves to the crank shaft. Drop the oil pan and start by trying to take the bearing caps and main caps off. If u cant get them loose, u may need to hammer them loose or use a acytlene torch and cut the crank shaft off from the flywheel. Ur engine is trashed anyways just hack it loose. 90% of the time engines seize at the crank.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Hmm... Cracked head... Cant turn over... coolant giving hydraulic lock...
There is a solution already given above but you refused to read it or do it

re-read post 2

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Hmm... Cracked head... Cant turn over... coolant giving hydraulic lock...

re-read post 2

He's tlking about the NEW engine...not the old engine.

OP if the engine was sitting for a long time it might have just seized up a bit. Do what Badger said and report back.

I also seen to remember a thread on here or somewhere else where someone used some sort of oil in the block of a seized engine (Marvel Mystery maybe?), let it sit for about a day, and the engine unseized. Not really sure if it was on this site or somewhere else.....

2eyecandy15

Reaction score
we tried what badger said and torqueing the crank pulley with long pole but couldnt get it to budge..and were trying that oil trick now..will repot back tomorrow and let you kno where it takes us

Back