AT shifter gear light out help

meximan16

Reaction score
the bulb is right where is shows in the guide. it's a tiny little bulb

sakulakao

Reaction score
I followed the wire but it connects to the box not the bulb! I own the 2002 accord .It's that different bulb or different way to change it?

Last edited:

meximan16

Reaction score
the cable connects to the bulb socket and it's a twist lock if thats what you mean. it's hard to, but you have to turn it to get it off

sodaks2k

Reaction score
it's hard to, but you have to turn it to get it off

^this. In the link OP provided it says right on there (about the last picture with a BIG RED ARROW) that you have to turn it 1/4 turn clockwise to get the bulb out.

To the left you will see some wires going to the shift indicator. follow the wires to the bulb holder. Remove the bulb holder by twisting it 1/4 of a turn counter clockwise, and pulling straight out.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Didn't you make a post about this before ? Lol. Don't forget that the light bulb holder is at an angle too, so it's not horizontal like you think it would be, so you have to wedge your hand under there, find the angle, then turn it a 1/4 turn like everyone else has said. It should come out fairly easy once you grasp it right.

:postwhore::goyou:

sakulakao

Reaction score
HAA!Thanks everyone to support me!I got this used car just 15 days but I didn't check the bulb so I am kind of so upset of this light couldn't work !
Does someone can show me (pic or youtube) that will be very grateful !:andy:

sakulakao

Reaction score
One the other hand If I follow you gays direction .Do I break my shifter gear or auto transmission?what kind the bulb should I get and where ?
:bash:

Last edited:
Back