Done!!!TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

Brad2274

Reaction score
Starting my first retrofit, bought a package deal of parts, some work was already done and im waiting on parts from theretrofitsource.
i wanted something different and i had to have LEDs(inspired by knightryders custom switchback led tsx retros) but im just not a huge fan of the spaced out "audi style" ones that are almost out of style these days since now audi uses illuminated clear plastic solid strips around lights as many new cars are using (ie grand cherokee) and i spotted these 60cm solid flexibe led tubes on ebay for $37.

took a week to ship from china and im very happy with the product, what's nice is i can hook them up as drls and then connect the 3rd wire to my turn signals in the lower reflector ill be removing and the built in circuit board will shut the white drls off and allow the strips to flash amber and about a second after signals are off they return to white drls.

plans for retros include semi gloss black trim and low beam bucket, leaving half the turn signal chrome and high beam and lower reflector buckets chrome, and either silver or gunmetal shrouds (leaning towards apollo shrouds) also painting cutoff flat black.

parts i have/will be using
-Tsx projectors
-Matsu****a Ballasts
-d2s bulbs(oem ones, unknown brand)
-clear strips from ebay lights
-maybe lenses from ebay lights
-3 sets of oem headlights for parts
-ocular, e46 reps, apollo, or mdx shrouds(will have all of these in a week)
-LED flexible drl switchback strips
-semigloss and flat black paint
-TheRetrofitSource relay harness
-gunmetal or silver paint
-maybe tsx r clear lense

pics of some of the parts

^strip is test fitted in headlight, it will stretch end to end when done with clear reflector strips over it

strips on white drl mode

amber mode, looks better and a darker amber in person

optional mounting hardware and closeup of the silicone led tube

came with pigtail harness

test fit with white on, ill be cutting reflector strip area to fit them better, you can see the individual leds and some hotspots if you look closely but from a foot away or farther(thats without reflector buckets or clear strips!!) it looks solid and almost oem :Moon:

amber

tips/thoughts/feedback welcome!

trying to figure out where ill wire in the
drls and also if i should seal lens with butyl or silicone and use oem lenses i cant seem to wetsand pits out of or use the mint aftermarket ones i have

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

Sweet project, should turn out nice. Switchback lower tubes are the way to go. Hope the LED's will hold up.

agginline86

Reaction score

looks great
now i wish i had gone the switchback tube route lol

damn it

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

Gonna be a real solid retro.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

Niiiceee!!! I want those strips

lashlee

Reaction score

I'm pumped. I like the switchbacks, I may have to crack my ion's again to add them to mine!

cmgreensr

Reaction score

That's looking really good man. I was just searching along this line the other night and a member had a led strip of some sort in the same location and everybody told him to lose it. This place is bipolar sometimes! But keep up the good work!

Brad2274

Reaction score

thanks guys, gonna pull some headlights apart this weekend and paint the trims after cutting and mounting those strips, cant wait to finish these and see how they look at night, they're seriously sooo bright

danmccormick87

Reaction score

Looking great!!! I'm going to be doing something similar, but since I'm using CCFL tubes, I won't have any switchback functions :rofl: This is much more clever though and looks pretty wicked! :beer:

ImagioX1

Reaction score

TSX projectors are low performers nowadays. Definantly need to do the the clear lens swap. Other than that looks great man!

Last edited:
Back