Alarm keeps going off.

Marino

Reaction score
My stock security system keeps going off at random time during the day/night. I tried removing the battery from my door lock/trunk remote but the alarms keeps going off. Is there a fuse I can pull out or any other fix I can attempt? Right now I'm leaving my doors unlocked so I have to try and fix that quickly.
Thanks

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
remove ur ground for ur horn. the horn should be in ur engine bay unless u did some stealth alarm install but i doubt it.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
remove ur ground for ur horn. the horn should be in ur engine bay unless u did some stealth alarm install but i doubt it.

lol but he would have to reconnect it everytime he drives. because if he gets cut off then there is no way of warning someone.

Jfuentes87

Reaction score
most alarms have a fuse in line by the ignition harness or in one of the fuse boxes. It should kill it but if your alarm is equipped with starter kill your car wont turn on. I think most stock alarms dont have starter kill tough.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
horn for the alarm, not the steering wheel. :eh:

Yea i know that, but isnt the factory alarm hooked up to the horns that you can activate with the steering wheel?

I dont know because my car doesn't have factory alarm.

Marino

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them tomorrow.
Also I should add that I hit a stop sign a couple weeks ago, slicing my door panel. I thought some water could have got in the door and cause a short, but I checked my fuses and they are fine.
s3mxy0.jpg

00accord91

Reaction score
dude i thought my accord was the only one that did tht lol well my old 6th gen...all the time like 4am 330am it wud just go off

nyknick1015

Reaction score
TURN DOWN THE SENSITIVITY!!!

come on guys, you know this... most alarms have a sensitivity box under the dash, even the stock ones. Mines used to go off all the time when the wind would just blow strong, sometimes 3-4 am or random times of the day

Back