The hunt for spring-rates. hopeless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

low430

Reaction score
So after many searches and endless spec comparisons as far as drop springs go.
I decided Neuspeed race springs were most likely the ones for me.
I have a 99 4cyl coupe.
Here is my problem, H&R lists different part numbers for coupes than sedans
and also different part numbers for 4 cyl 6cyl
but coupe sedan 4 & 6 cyl on neuspeeds site are all the same part # 55.20.32

This worrys me, Im wondering if anyone has any info on their spring rates? I desire the 2.2f-2.0r Drop they offer and I have owned H&R in the past.
H&R are great springs but the "rake" of their drop is not my ideal setup.
H&R lists spring rates also.

At this point Im kinda getting fed up with neuspeeds Lack of info on their rates and also lack of options. I feel like they cheaped out and ordered a 1 size fits all spring for the accords.
I feel entitled to something designed for my exact setup and Im not asking for that much considering H&R offers the assortment of springs.

Again id buy the H&R race springs in the drop of a dime if they werent 1/2 inch lower in the front.
1/4 inch difference between front and back is all I want.

Also I dont like the eibach 1:1 ratio drop.
Ive checked Tanabe and all their springs have MUCH TOO SOFT rates
Im almost to the point of buying coilovers but the problem there is 2 fold
1. Money for good Omnis
2. once I drop the car and get it aligned im not going to change it. well i might want to go lower but I value the performance of some wheel travel over the Sexy as hell slammed on its nuts look
Also I dont have the warranty options as I do with a spring/Shock combo.
I wish honda made an accord type R I could source some springs off of.
I got springs off a type R for my GSR and have never been so happy with performance/ DD combination

/rant

any suggestions on springs/ or info on rates or anything else is welcomed and thank you for your time
Please advise

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, whats your main need for the spring rates? so you can have a soft, cushy ride? if you want that, ill tell you now, just get teins.

i prefer coilovers over and spring/shock combo, whether i want to change the height of the car or not once i have my desired drop. id much rather have the drop i want over what id be given.

low430

Reaction score
well, whats your main need for the spring rates? so you can have a soft, cushy ride? if you want that, ill tell you now, just get teins.

i prefer coilovers over and spring/shock combo, whether i want to change the height of the car or not once i have my desired drop. id much rather have the drop i want over what id be given.

Sorry exact opposite, I want the high spring rates for Stiffer ride/ less bodyroll and Less chance of bottoming out under aggressive driving.
TANABE has some soft springs with large drop and It scares me.

REpeat DO NOT WANT SOFT RIDE.
I want Stiff Springs

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so why dont you just get full coilovers then? or like ground controls at least?

aside from the "adjust it once and never touch it again" syndrome

low430

Reaction score
so why dont you just get full coilovers then? or like ground controls at least?

aside from the "adjust it once and never touch it again" syndrome

3 reasons,

Progressive springs on a daily driver are a lot less bouncy
AND
Money is an issue
AND
As stated in the original post, Warranty of Dampner

IF I did pony up for coilovers they would be a threaded shock body. Im not a fan of sleeves

AngusTEx

Reaction score
Don't underestimate Ground Controls.

If you want stiff springs get Skunk2.

low430

Reaction score
Don't underestimate Ground Controls.

If you want stiff springs get Skunk2.

skunk 2 has no info on their spring on their website.
the least they could do is offer spring rates and drop accoding to application which they dont.
So Skunk 2 is out

finch13

Reaction score
H&R Race are not raked springs. At all. They drop the front more to get rid of the "boat look" from the factory rather than DIY. In fact, I had to lower the front perches on my Koni's as low as possible and still have a larger gap in front (like 1 finger front vs. 1/2 finger rear). If I measured the frame in front and back to the ground, I'd bet money they're nearly equal.

They're stiff springs like you want. You'll need a good damper to control them. I would go with Koni Sports or Bilstein HDs, possibly KYB AGX or Tokico Illumina's. Koni's have a lifetime warranty, like you want.

I dunno how much you're looking to spend, but I spent $820 on the springs and dampers, and another $160 on the rear camber kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back