Oil leak after head swap

ckydmk

Reaction score
I just finished swapping the head after the cam broke on my freshly purchased JDM engine. I put the old head back on and now the engine leaks oil like a sieve. Its on the rear of the engine below the intake, can't see 'wetness' from the top if the air filter is taken off but then again I can't see all of the VTEC solenoid so it may be leaking from there as thats the only thing I can see had removed that oil would touch. Thoguhts? Its a f23A btw

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
I just finished swapping the head after the cam broke on my freshly purchased JDM engine. I put the old head back on and now the engine leaks oil like a sieve. Its on the rear of the engine below the intake, can't see 'wetness' from the top if the air filter is taken off but then again I can't see all of the VTEC solenoid so it may be leaking from there as thats the only thing I can see had removed that oil would touch. Thoguhts? Its a f23A btw

When it was on the old motor, did you compromise the VTEC solenoid bolts or anything? I think that's easiest to start with.

Torque head bolts properly in proper order?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
ditto, you only get one pressurized feed to the head, that's where you get leaks. It kinda sounds like something -on- the head, like VTEC controls, not -to- the head.

ckydmk

Reaction score
I'm 99% positive I torqued the bolt properly. 22lb then 90° turns twice around.
I was thinking that the VTEC solenoid is the source, but I won't have time to look into it until tomorrow. Once I do, I'll let you guys know

Back