Simple dome light issue isn't simple!! Plz help!!!!

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
Interior Dome light issues

My interior Dome light will not turn on wen I open any door. However I can turn it on with it switched to the on position. But if I have the switch on door mode it will not turn on at all but every door I open registers on the dash. Why might this be? Please help me. I've done research soo many times and had already bought a new Dome light switch

..[]¬[]×(]_[)×[] \[]×[]_[)×[]¬\\..

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
My interior Dome light will not turn on wen I open any door. However I can turn it on with it switched to the on position. But if I have the switch on door mode it will not turn on at all but every door I open registers on the dash. Why might this be? Please help me. I've done research soo many times and had already bought a new Dome light switch. Please help asap! Been trying to fix a while now

FNCONE

Reaction score
If it's registering in the cluster and the lamp works other wise, I would go to the junk yard and find a passenger multiplexer. Please use the same part number!

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
I just looked what that is up on eBay. It's like $45. It's Co. E withe the whole fuse box also. But not exactly sure what is the multiplexer. Is it just the blue box on the main fuse block part?

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes just the blue box, try a junk yard should be cheaper. Get the part number from the one in your car. Just out of curiosity u checked your fuses?

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
Yes. I checked every1. But I noticed under the hood there is 2 relays. Lighting relay1 and lighting relay 2. Possibly anything with those?

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
Yes the switch is in the door position and I bought a new switch just in case that was the issue but still not working. And yes I did try every door. The light on the door Comes on wen the door is opened. So I know that part is good. That's y I'm at a stand still with this issue. Out of options

james'99

Reaction score
Any fancy wiring setup in your car? Alarm system, etc? A lot of alarm systems depend on the dome signal circuit as to when they decide to go off or not when a door is opened.

Back