The 6th Gen Accord Guide To Turbocharging!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
Its alright man. I appreciate it I'm almost set! I decided to bump up to 550cc injectors since I wanna do maybe 300-350whp. And ill max out the 450cc's.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Can someone go into detail about strengthening the motor to safely handle boost? I'm starting to get confused between what needs to be done for a good NA build and what needs to be done for a good turbo build; i get the turbo and related pieces and what not, just when it comes to rods, valve springs, cams . . . seems like replacing this is suggested for both NA and turbo builds and i'm just lost. Maybe a 6thgen guide to NA build would help. Longwinded, but hopefully you guys can help clarify all this for me.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
to build a turbo project to handle more boost, you must build it to N/a specs

Sleeves, pistons and rings, head internals..... read some build threads on everything-honda.com specifcally B and Stinkers thread.

CHID0

Reaction score
TheUAccord23 said:
Can someone go into detail about strengthening the motor to safely handle boost? I'm starting to get confused between what needs to be done for a good NA build and what needs to be done for a good turbo build; i get the turbo and related pieces and what not, just when it comes to rods, valve springs, cams . . . seems like replacing this is suggested for both NA and turbo builds and i'm just lost. Maybe a 6thgen guide to NA build would help. Longwinded, but hopefully you guys can help clarify all this for me.

This was my same dilema....so before i think about building for turbo, I should build a solid N/A motor, then boost?

AFAccord

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
to build a turbo project to handle more boost, you must build it to N/a specs

With a few exceptions...

For N/A build, I'd go with a higher compression piston. For FI build, user lower, or stock equivalent.

For N/A build, I'd use a very aggressive cam profile such as Bisi's stage 2. For FI, a milder cam is necessary, because too much duration, and you run into valve overlap, which is effectively, a boost leak.

For N/A build, I'd use a thinner head gasket, and possibly mill the head to raise compression. For FI build, I'll simply be using a standard thickness gasket.

For N/A build, I'd go with an F22A6? intake manifold. For FI build, the F23 manifold is more volumetrically efficient.

The list goes on... I'll try to elaborate later today when i get some free time.

AFAccord

Reaction score
CHID0 said:
This was my same dilema....so before i think about building for turbo, I should build a solid N/A motor, then boost?

This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm building the engine while keeping it N/A, but all of my modifications are intended for boost application. They CAN go hand in hand for a while, but soon will start having little, to no effect on the N/A motor. I'll put up some details later.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
if i'm building an N/A car with nitrous, should i use low or high compression?
i know low for when i shoot, but high would seem ideal for when i don't shoot.
what's better?

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Thanks badger; i'll be going through that thread on my spare time. And thanks AFA, for the start; i'm anxiously awaiting your elaboration on the subject.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
if i'm building an N/A car with nitrous, should i use low or high compression?
i know low for when i shoot, but high would seem ideal for when i don't shoot.
what's better?

high compression + N2O = Ideal Setup. IF u were forcing air into the cyl, then low comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back