Project CRX Si

Millhouse609

Reaction score
you mean LS swap. And im sorry, 130hp isnt fast a 2000lb vehicle, it may be fun but not fast.

Try launching a 500whp STI and tell me what you think is "hella fast".

My guess is your going to tell me about your friends subaru or evo blah blah blah, if you ever felt raw power, you wouldnt be saying 130hp is hella fast. LMAO.[/QUOTE]

still faster then our accords(4 cyl)... even a stock CRX si. I had an 89 civic si and I wish I still had it.

With STI you better be getting that kind of hp with the money you spend on it.

It looks like a fun project. Just wax it and get rid of the exhaust lol... HKS has some nice ones well for my 89 si they did.

twokAccord

Reaction score

my buddy has a Turbo LS/VTEC CRX and he walks all over STI's EVO'S Cobras and beat a Z06 Last night. :thumbup:

ive been thinking of getting a EG Hatch as a project car. and keeping my Accord as a Daily Drive.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i am a hater, what can i say.... turning a phenominal platform into essentially a one trick pony is always a great idea :bs2:

I'm trying to figure out why this was a good decision, it seems like the ultimate downgrade in my book, since someone elses project car is now your DD.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Yeah MPH is kinda odd, Being all my cars were in KPH.

Seats belts on the doors I kinda hate. My buddy gave me a extra B18A1 and Tranny, I'm gonna build up a LS VTEC out of it with plans of maybe turbo'ing it. The exhaust is all new pipe with just a fart can which I might just get a whole Skunk2 Catback.

Well car is much faster and fun then my Accord. I mean 880KG over 1300 + for the Accord.

Funny thing there is NO back seats at all ( never came with it so just a 2 Seater)

Repainting it in the spring, Getting rid of the chrome stuff on it and pin strips.

Actually my DD/Winter Beater is my 97 Corolla. So this is actually a upgrade from my Accord because its gonna be faster then Accord will ever be.

finch13

Reaction score
I only think it was a poor decision to replace the Accord, I would've picked this thing up as an addition to my collection if the money was there or just to replace the Corolla.

Sounds like you've got a solid, very achievable plan for it, so more power to ya! Why not just replace the fart can with a Vibrant muffler or something low key, then spend the Skunk2 money on a custom turbo back later? :jealousbow:

Mojeans69

Reaction score
:henry:
This honestly looks like a car you would abuse and rip in while you deliver pizzas.

you mean LS swap. And im sorry, 130hp isnt fast a 2000lb vehicle, it may be fun but not fast.

My guess is your going to tell me about your friends subaru or evo blah blah blah, if you ever felt raw power, you wouldnt be saying 130hp is hella fast. LMAO.

1st of all dont be a D*$% I neva said it was stock LS and neva drove a STI im not gonna tell you anything about them

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i don't see the logic between switching up a clean 98 accord [judging by ur cardomain] to a beat up 90 crx ... IMO you should have just picked up a crx shell for dirt cheap and made that ur project car and still had a reliable daily driver ... i mean it was obviously someone elses project car, meaning it was beat-on ... just my .02 no disrespect intended

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
i don't see the logic between switching up a clean 98 accord [judging by ur cardomain] to a beat up 90 crx ... IMO you should have just picked up a crx shell for dirt cheap and made that ur project car and still had a reliable daily driver ... i mean it was obviously someone elses project car, meaning it was beat-on ... just my .02 no disrespect intended

Well I got sick and tired of trying to find parts without having to buy new all the time. I swapped my car over to 5 speed and no matter what we did, We could not get it to run 100% right, So I parted it out. Both Honda dealership would not reflash my keys for the M/T ECU I had. so my car only ran to 4900 RPM, Idle was messed up, no speedo and ended up breaking a shifter cable. Tried many OBD1 ECU's and never ran right. I picked my Accord up for 8K, Put about 10K into it and well I just got tired and ended up calling it a day and got rid of it.

I only bought the CRX for 900$ I always wanted a CRX and a new project, Its something small and quicker then the Accord. Reliable DD my Accord was not.

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Well I got sick and tired of trying to find parts without having to buy new all the time. I swapped my car over to 5 speed and no matter what we did, We could not get it to run 100% right, So I parted it out. Both Honda dealership would not reflash my keys for the M/T ECU I had. so my car only ran to 4900 RPM, Idle was messed up, no speedo and ended up breaking a shifter cable. Tried many OBD1 ECU's and never ran right. I picked my Accord up for 8K, Put about 10K into it and well I just got tired and ended up calling it a day and got rid of it.

I only bought the CRX for 900$ I always wanted a CRX and a new project, Its something small and quicker then the Accord. Reliable DD my Accord was not.

sounds like a headache ... any plans on picking up another car aside from the crx?

Back