Project CRX Si

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Still trying to clear the Accord from out of my driveway so I can start working on the CRX more.

Fixed the exhaust leak no more fumes in the cab, also fixed the rubber shifter boot so its so quiet in the car now. Installed my Upper Strut Bars, Realized how much body roll in the car from the sounds of the creaking and moaning the car makes. Ordering next pay new headlights/corner lights and marker lights.

Traded a ****ty racing seat for a Good BOV, gonna start piecing a turbo kit for my other B18A motor. Might be picking up a Cast Iron Turbo Manifold Not the nicest but oh well this weekend...

Picked up last weekend Fast 1.8" drop springs. Just waiting to install them.

Trying to decide what color to paint my Integra SE rims, Thinking just gun metal. Will be fitted with 195/50R14's come spring time.

BTW the driver side corner light, yeah its a EG Civic one hence why looks like it smashed..

Just gotta wait till spring to fix the drunk body work on it and repaint it Black..

Hondaluver83, Yeah tell that to the people my POS walked all over because they thought it was just a 1.5L 4 banger POS.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
To me this would be a downgrade, but if you like it that's all that counts. Make sure you finish this project though. I remember talking to you a lot when you were working on your Accord and it was "turbo this", "manual swap that" etc. Come up with a plan for this one in order of priority, starting with general maintenance first and go from there. Instead of getting racing seats you should be focusing on resto IMO.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
To me this would be a downgrade, but if you like it that's all that counts. Make sure you finish this project though. I remember talking to you a lot when you were working on your Accord and it was "turbo this", "manual swap that" etc. Come up with a plan for this one in order of priority, starting with general maintenance first and go from there. Instead of getting racing seats you should be focusing on resto IMO.

I only can do so much while its winter and a junked accord where my work space is, so focusing on getting it lowered asap ( one less thing to do in the spring ) Interior work ( Seats, Radio installed, New steering wheel ) since its the cheapest ( Race Spex Seats, New was 200$, New Wheel 40$ ) Only other thing is Glowshift Pillar Pod with A/F Guage, Volt, Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum.

I already replaced all the ground wires, new terminals on the battery, changed the tranny and motor oil. I got a new rad coming, looking for the Upper Rad support Tee. Was Damaged doing the swap...

Next week when we lower it, gonna inspect what it might need for parts, I expect a passenger side axle and I'm gonna end up ordered all new ball joints, sway bar end links, seals for the tail lights, weather stripping, check all the lines. But the guy other then body work did lots of work.

Ordered new headlights, bumper lights and corner lights.

This motor in it is a junker motor for now so just do the basics ( Got a new B18A1 and New LS Tranny For Free ) once I get the Accord gone, waiting for the truck to haul it away I can put the CRX and start ripping bumpers off and fenders and fix the little dents here and there...

Turbo'ing it will be a year project since well cost the most as well S300 and I got 4 years of school to do. So If I see a good deal I'll pick stuff up ( traded a junker race seat for a Pitt BOV, Bought a Cast Iorn B Series Turbo Mani ) I gotta wait till spring since I'm trading my junker parts for good parts off my buddies beater.

Traded my ol' OEM 95 Accord rims for Integra SE rims so I gotta put a set of 195/55R14 on them. I plan to get a couple of runs down the track, body wise or not by the summer.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Progress Pictures...

These just came in the mail today.

New amber corners and amber bumper lights. Sanding down the chrome trim on the corner lights and painting them black. Black housed Projector headlights...

CRXLights.jpg

Bumper.jpg

Replacing all the Clear Lights...

Yesterday I went to Acura and picked up new V/C Gasket & Spark Plug Seals. I gotta pick up a new cam cap seal, Mines leaking bad.

Tomorrow I'm picking up a Precision 350 Intercooler and piping. I picked up a B Series Turbo Manifold.

Waiting to be installed Fast 1.8" Drop springs. New Upper control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends ( Outer and Inner )

Priced out a 3" exhaust for my car, waiting for next months to have me seats sent off to get re upholster. Picked up leather skins with Embroidered CRX.

Installed or well dry fitted the tripple pillar pod ( Still needs to be fitted better and painted ) for the AEM Wide Band A/F Gauge, Glowshift Boost/Vaccum Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge with adapter.

Pillar.jpg

RearStrut.jpg

Strut.jpg

Started to remove the bumper and the driver side fender... Since I can fix the bumper and fender in the Garage.

juicebox00

Reaction score
not a fan of the projectors but your build seems to be coming along nicely

drifthobo

Reaction score
Sweet, wish I had a white crx. My friends friend has one with a jdm h22 swap in it. Godly fast, takes on evo's and such. Heard it rides like a go cart haha!

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
not a fan of the projectors but your build seems to be coming along nicely

Yeah I never was a fan of projectors, but I started to price out new OEM headlights and stuff and found on Ebay - Projectors, amber corners and bumper lights for 220CDN shipped, which was a better deal because just for the corners and bumper would been over 140$ so said **** it. People want close to 100$ a headlight. Its not gonna be a show quality car. Its gonna be my DD for the summer and my track car.

Kinda hard with the feet of snow on the ground, when it gets above -2 I putter around on it, Installing guages, etc.. Interior work pretty much. Working long and hard ours getting equipment ready for Haiti.

Pricing out new bumper, fenders, working with a shop to rebuild my rockers.

Hondata S300 came in, My Glowsift Gauges, AEM wide band was some how returned to sender. OBD0 to OBD1 plug in play harness came in...

I hope to have it street able again for April. Its going into paint next winter. I'm gonna try to build that other motor this summer too. Now Im just worriying about the body work and tuning gear while I got the money and time.

I do miss the Accord, could have kept it as a winter beater or something, Rockin the rolla getting quite boring, 3 speed auto wow....

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
^^restart a 2 year old thread? I was wondering why this popped up lol...might not wanna do that :)

Back