iDriftYou's Mk3 Supra Build Thread

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You think you might have blown the motor because you were beating on it while it was running hot? Sounds like it.......

And LOL @ only having $800 to make it reliable. You sir, bought yourself a money pit. If this is your only car I would suggest unloading it now, before it gets any worse (I guess it can't really get any worse with a blown motor). YouDriftMe?

Sounds like u had a headgasket problem with it blowing coolant like a whale.The reason it was overheating was not the pump, sometimes a bad head gasket will leak combustion pressure into the coolant system and cause this issue.

Op, next time u buy an old sports car, do all the repairs right or don't drive until they are done. You probably blew a perfectly good engine that needed a little tlc.

Last edited:

iDriftYou

Reaction score
Many private investigators on this forum :rofl: . Were picking up a full long block tomorrow. Yes, this car is a money pit. But once finished, it should be completely badass. And yes, that ticking we herd was the rod knocking. The turbo seals are blown, and this blocking was pouring oil, not leaking. For some strange reason I wanted the motor to blow, just so I can throw a rebuilt one in there so I know it's a fresh engine that will last. The main thing on these cars is preventative maintenance. Since I bought the car, I've been doing maintenance on it. I didn't cheap out on parts, got the best I could afford. Keep in mind, I'm a college student on a budget.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Looksnice!!!! Bu please don't use 20w50 oil on a new engine. I would use 5w30 since it's so new with low miles. It's kinda reminds me of the 2jzge I recently put togeher

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
For 300$ U got a steal, u can sell the head and most of the parts off the old one and probably recoupe your loss for buying the new engine. Perfect time to do a timing belt and water pump while the new engine is out. I think Brian crower makes 260 cams for that engine, the do on my is300. You can use them on stock spring and shims, expect huge gains...especially with an adjustable exhaust cam gear tuned -4 degrees.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
the timing belt on the new engine is new along w/ the belts and even a new water pump(for real this time). we're still taking the whole thing apart though and he's getting and HKS metal head gasket too. idk if he's planing on upgrading the cams and what not right now though.

they made me laugh too, that's why i posted them. I dont even understand what you're trying to get at w/ the first paragraph though. And i don't understand why you continue to post here either. And posting in this thread isn't getting you anywhere either :rofl:. especially since this is a thread about building a supra, yet it doesn't seem like you've noticed

If you need a factory service manual to take the head apart I have one. It's kindaa doozy with the inline 6. Not trying to insult ur knowledge or anything.

The cams have to be taken out to take the head off, also the cams must be rotated a full 360 degrees apon assembly while loosening and tightening various cam caps. This is done to seat the long camshafts or else u might have a nasty clatter sound. The other thing is, since u have to rotate the camshafts, u should have theengine set at 15 degrees before top dead center. This puts the pistons far enough from the valves when ur rotating the camshafts. Your engine is non-interference anyways, sorry for the ramble

Johnson

Reaction score
Nice build,
I think it would be great if mods could clean up this thread..
please stay on op guys

juicebox00

Reaction score
If you need a factory service manual to take the head apart I have one. It's kindaa doozy with the inline 6. Not trying to insult ur knowledge or anything.

The cams have to be taken out to take the head off, also the cams must be rotated a full 360 degrees apon assembly while loosening and tightening various cam caps. This is done to seat the long camshafts or else u might have a nasty clatter sound. The other thing is, since u have to rotate the camshafts, u should have theengine set at 15 degrees before top dead center. This puts the pistons far enough from the valves when ur rotating the camshafts. Your engine is non-interference anyways, sorry for the ramble

no insult at all man, this is my first swap i've done/helped on. And thanks for the info. When it comes to the super technical stuff like that our friend hasan aka s13@fullboost will probably take over since he does know what he's doin. he's 19 and has 35 swaps under his belt..lol.

Also, i think shehroz printed out a service manual for taking apart the head last night but if he didn't we'll make sure to hit you up.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Nice. Here is a link to the 2jzge FSM just incase:

The part you guys want is in "Engine mechanical" and its in chapter 34 for the camshaft,caps and head removal. The rest of the stuff is useless since its a totally different car.
http://my.is/forums/f90/here-you-go-lexus-is300-repair-manual-new-link-382793/

I wish I lived near there to help out. I usually do all my own work by myself so it gets kinda boring.

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
Nice build,
I think it would be great if mods could clean up this thread..
please stay on op guys

thanks for the positive post man and i agree w/ you. sadly, i'd be surprised if it actually gets cleaned up.

Nice. Here is a link to the 2jzge FSM just incase:

The part you guys want is in "Engine mechanical" and its in chapter 34 for the camshaft,caps and head removal. The rest of the stuff is useless since its a totally different car.
http://my.is/forums/f90/here-you-go-lexus-is300-repair-manual-new-link-382793/

I wish I lived near there to help out. I usually do all my own work by myself so it gets kinda boring.

dude, thanks so much man! and you should move to socal..lol.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
There, the thread is cleaned up.

idriftyou, if you want to update your thread with progress feel free. I'll keep the thread clean from here on.

Matt, this isn't your car so there is no reason for you to get all pissy about **** that has nothing to do with you. You friend has made a fool of himself a couple times on this site so I think most people, including myself, take what he says with a grain of salt. Let him fight his own battles, it only makes him look worse by you doing it for him.

Edit: One more thing. Enough with the retaliatory negative rep BS.

Back