iDriftYou's Mk3 Supra Build Thread

Datsrboi

Reaction score
Hi. Nice to see you have a supra. The 7mgte block tend to give up and that motor you have now WILL give up again. The 7M block was never meant to be turbo. They just threw lower compression piston with few changes and threw a turbo on. Yes the record 7m motor makes over 900whp but they do not last very long. For the money you are about to spend on that motor I recommend swapping a 1JZ or even a 2jz into that car. 1JZ is the best budget since in japan the 1jz was the MK3's power plant that the USA was never given.

Stock internals on a 7m reliability is about 400whp. Anything past that and the car is on its slow death. 1JZ stock internal reliability is in the 600s and 2jz are in the 800s. Swap experiences means nothing to me unless you know the motors by heart and what it can and can not do. You are just wasting money on that 7m block. I have done a few Supra builds (not swaps) in the past 3-4 years and I know for a fact I have had more 7m BUILT fail over time over 1jz and 2jz put together a lone and its just pure fact that those motor are not well balance. Now people do say money can make them work... Well 8 grand for a good 7m over a stock 1jz that cost 2 grand with tranny can do the same.

All in all if you are going to get that 7m block build DO NOT cheap out and put the best money you have and get it balanced with the best headgasket you can and tq it to the new specification and not the old one that has caused so many bhg on 7m supras.

I am retired from cars and no longer work on cars but if you need help and question you are welcome to pm me. The thing about supras is cheap out and people will be laughing at you as they drive by on the highway.

IMG_660200-1.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

DSCN1950.jpg

iDriftYou

Reaction score
Hi. Nice to see you have a supra. The 7mgte block tend to give up and that motor you have now WILL give up again. The 7M block was never meant to be turbo. They just threw lower compression piston with few changes and threw a turbo on. Yes the record 7m motor makes over 900whp but they do not last very long. For the money you are about to spend on that motor I recommend swapping a 1JZ or even a 2jz into that car. 1JZ is the best budget since in japan the 1jz was the MK3's power plant that the USA was never given.

Stock internals on a 7m reliability is about 400whp. Anything past that and the car is on its slow death. 1JZ stock internal reliability is in the 600s and 2jz are in the 800s. Swap experiences means nothing to me unless you know the motors by heart and what it can and can not do. You are just wasting money on that 7m block. I have done a few Supra builds (not swaps) in the past 3-4 years and I know for a fact I have had more 7m BUILT fail over time over 1jz and 2jz put together a lone and its just pure fact that those motor are not well balance. Now people do say money can make them work... Well 8 grand for a good 7m over a stock 1jz that cost 2 grand with tranny can do the same.

All in all if you are going to get that 7m block build DO NOT cheap out and put the best money you have and get it balanced with the best headgasket you can and tq it to the new specification and not the old one that has caused so many bhg on 7m supras.

I am retired from cars and no longer work on cars but if you need help and question you are welcome to pm me. The thing about supras is cheap out and people will be laughing at you as they drive by on the highway.

IMG_660200-1.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

IMAGE_065.jpg

DSCN1950.jpg

Thanks for the heads up but i simply could not afford a 1j/ 2j swap atm. I got a killer deal on the motor so I jumped on it. 2jz swap is the next big thing on my list.

9450erick

Reaction score
yo wats up shehroz
are you just gonna hone the block or get it over bored
how much are they charging you/ maybe they can give us a good deal if i bring my block to get honed to with you
i just picked up a f23a1/ for a turbo build but dont tell nobody

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You will be happy with about 300 to the wheel anyways. If u want more, 2jzgte.

iDriftYou

Reaction score
yo wats up shehroz
are you just gonna hone the block or get it over bored
how much are they charging you/ maybe they can give us a good deal if i bring my block to get honed to with you
i just picked up a f23a1/ for a turbo build but dont tell nobody
190$ for the head and block milled to OEM toyota spec* 350$ for complete reassembly of the engine. So in total, about 540$ + 200$ for the MHG and ARP head studs.
You will be happy with about 300 to the wheel anyways. If u want more, 2jzgte.

That was the goal lol. I was aiming for 350whp and was gona call it a day.

iDriftYou

Reaction score
The car's in the shop getting the head milled and new HKS MHG with ARP studs. I need some help with the gauge cluster though, non of it works. Anyone specialize in wiring willing to help me out? That will be great, thanks !

00accord91

Reaction score
Future Mods are:
-660CC injector
-Dual walbro fuel pumps
- FMIC along with piping
- HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
- KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
- Tial BOV
- Sound system ( no clue on what to get)
- Rear Swaybar
- Adjustable control arms

i see u have a HKS hi power exhaust listed there..lol but i happen to have just the muffler :eusa_wall:

iDriftYou

Reaction score
have you verified its the cluster itself?

Yea the cluster was fine( what the previous owner said). The cluster is out of a Auto turbo supra, and he says it was working when he bought it. I know that the Tach and Boost pressure are the only differences from a N/A and turbo cluster. The tach on a turbo is pulse driven while the NA is voltage driven. The boost pressure is off of a Vac line. Other than that, I am stumped at this one. The wiring job on the water temp sensor looks ghetto as fvck, I have a cut harness with perfect connections that I can solder on and that might fix most of the problems. But I'm scared as fvck to mess with engine wiring. :explode:

9450erick

Reaction score
i can help with your wiring but it may take me a little while
can you come pick me up
no insurance=no car :sad:

Back