finch13's 1999 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

finch13

Reaction score
hm... a truck eh branndon. :lawl:

I will run over your Honda!

What's wrong with a truck? Nothing. It's nice to a) have a second vehicle and b) have a toy or parts hauler.

13 MPG is what's wrong, lol. I will definitely be getting a car sometime in the future, but I needed something to tow and haul car stuff around. All of my friends and family are sick of my borrowing theirs :D

Definetly nice...after these crazy snow storms in NY i've been on the look-out for one....not sure which one i want yet...

4WD = freeway speeds in 6" of snow. Do eeeet.

Awesome truck. Wow that build should be nice. Any thoughts on suspension?

I'm thinking keeping everything stock. The Z71 suspension is already 2-3 in. higher than the regular 4x4 model. Maybe some traction bars... I might need them.

^maybe a 2-4in lift to fit some 35s in ur future?

I'm trying to do this in the least redneck way possible. If anything, I'd throw some factory 20s on and lower it a bit.

Nice pick up Brandon!

¡Gracias!

Nice looking truck! My dad owns a 07 with the 5.3 liter, and it has pretty good power. Can only imagine with engine mods what yours is capable of. Ever thought of a "leveling kit"?

The only difference between the 4.8 and the 5.3 is 8mm of stroke, otherwise they are identical. It's amazing what just a cam will do to these engines! What kind of leveling kit are we talking about? Like a load leveler for trailers?

wtf is this? :lawl:

Psh, it doesn't even have a bench seat!

Like a rock

OoOooooooOOoOooOOOoOOoOoOH LIKE A ROCK!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Its much easier getting power out of a v8 than any other engine. Not to mention the prices are cheap too

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i love how TGUK *****es about our US cars using big engines with small hp... then you meet every guy with a camaro ss or trans-am that just put a big *** cam and a free-flowing exhaust and all that power comes out

great pick up man, literally :duckhunt:

finch13

Reaction score
i love how TGUK *****es about our US cars using big engines with small hp... then you meet every guy with a camaro ss or trans-am that just put a big *** cam and a free-flowing exhaust and all that power comes out

great pick up man, literally :duckhunt:

%E0%B2%A0_%E0%B2%A0.jpg

Who is this TGUK you speak of?

I only bought the truck to haul things, and I got the small one too.

...and to race those ****ers in Hondas :lawl:

The volumetric efficiency of this engine will never drop below 85% all the way up to 6500 rpm, which is pretty damn good.

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
The only difference between the 4.8 and the 5.3 is 8mm of stroke, otherwise they are identical. It's amazing what just a cam will do to these engines! What kind of leveling kit are we talking about? Like a load leveler for trailers?

They are kits to raise the front end of the vehicle to compensate for the factory front "raked" look that is designed to haul heavier loads in the bed of the truck. Basically leveling out your suspension, allowing for bigger wheel/tires. You could probably put helper springs on the rear leafs for extra weight you in the bed if disired, since you mentioned you bought this for hauling.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Choose-a-Leveling-Kit-109938274

Back