New guy from Loveland, CO

kmfs91

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Figured I would introduce myself here. Just picked up a dark green 2000 EX 3.0 sedan with 200k and (to my knowledge) the original auto trans :skurred: It was a great deal so I couldn't say no. I work at a Honda dealer and have read around so I'm familiar with the notorious trans failures. This car had a great maintenance records (at least until 130k when it was sold to another owner). There's no noises, axle shaft seal leaks, oddly hard shifts, and the trans fluid looked good. Just for good measure I've changed it once already, and plan to do it again next week. I've put about 800 miles on it and so far it drives great! I'm taking it on a 1600 mile trip in two weeks so we'll find out if the trans is as good as I hope it is :henry: It also has almost new tires!

Anyway I love the car, it's got all the options and everything works. It has some hail damage and peeling clear coat, which I plan to fix one day. I'd like to find a factory spoiler/wing and maybe put some 17" wheels on it one day just to spiff it up, but otherwise I'm just gonna drive the hell out of it!

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm envious of your color, wish mine was in that shade lol

kmfs91

Reaction score
Thanks! I do love the color, it just sucks that the clear is peeling on the roof, hood and trunk lid. Pretty typical though I guess. I plan to fix it one day though lol

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Thanks! I do love the color, it just sucks that the clear is peeling on the roof, hood and trunk lid. Pretty typical though I guess. I plan to fix it one day though lol

Definitely common. Mine is doing the same thing, the sun really does a number to the top of these cars. GM's of the same era experience the same problem. A friend of mine who is an automotive painter has told me its because of the switch to water born clear coats as opposed to oil born for EPA reasons. Apparently the first water born clear coats OE manufacturers began using really blew lol

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
welcome... def watch that tranny... hopefully it doesn't blow up on your trip haha

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Welcome. I've got a 99 DEP Accord sedan myself (the paint is intact other than the scratches and small dents) and it looks beautiful when cleaned up. Mine's a 4 cylinder 5 speed car and I love it. Other than the trans, you should have a very nice car. :) Last year we made 2 trips to Texas in my wife's 00 Accord (4cyl w/AT), and didn't really have any issues to speak off (the wife ran over a ratchet strap, and cut a tire).

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Welcome im down in aurora, but most of the time in denver. I work at a shop toyauto masters we work only on honda/acura toyota/lexus and subarus, are you able to get discounts on oem parts? I get some but not as good as i do Toyota. Sounds like a good find, post pics when you can.

Last edited:

kmfs91

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes guys!! I'm pleased to say the car made the 1,800 mile trip without a single hiccup!! A majority of the driving was at 80-85 mph with the ac on, and it still managed a lowest of 27.5 mpg and highest of 29.9 mpg. The 29.9 was a steady 80-ish (+/- a few mph) with no AC. Not too bad for a v6. Very pleased with it! I also found it'll jump from 85 to 100 pretty darn quick if I give it some throttle lol

As of getting home, the car has 203,107 miles. I've put 3k on it in under 6 weeks already!

Eclipse, I get a small discount, but it's nothing to get excited about lol. I'll try and get some pics one of the days.

Last edited:

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Lol i feel you always looking for a way to save a buck. If you ever head down to denver hit me up. I see tons of accords here but not too many people know or use this site. It would be nice to meet another member. Congrats on your successful trip!

kmfs91

Reaction score
Will do. And thanks! I've made the trip about 5 times in my '96 powerstroke (I drove that because my last car was a '96 civic with no cruise or anything, so it wasn't really cut out for long trips), and I didn't mind driving it out there, but having a car that will cruise faster and get better mileage is much nicer!

Back