Reaction score
Great got it.
So I picked up my h22 5 speed trans today! Yay! All i need now is:

-Clutch kit
-Flywheel
-Shift fork
-Manual ECU
-Driver's Axle

Just to clarify... All these parts above need to match the TRANNY right? (Even the fly/clutch kit? Even though it bolts to the block?)
I'm having difficulties understanding all these threads, some say you can reuse your stock axle/intermediate shaft others say half and half, and this thread doesn't specify any details on parts really.

I'm going off the unoffical 5 speed swap parts list.

And anyone know about the h22 tranny electrical socket? The f23 auto plug doesn't just clip in, does it?

Flywheel/clutch for H/F series trans are all the same.

Axles - reuse the passenger side only. You MUST get the jackshaft/intermediate shaft and 5spd drivers side axle shaft.

I don't know how you're not seeing/finding this information. I did my swap off the information in this thread.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
thank you OP and BlkCurrantKord. I guess I have been reading too many different threads lol

I have a mountain of knowledge and info now for wiring, etc, and you've just cleared up the last tid bits.. Shooting for 1 month until I commence :)

apollo89

Reaction score
Help, I read the article for auto to 5 speed. I have a problem with the wiring. What are the colors on the other side of the plug to the transmission.:wtf1:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
which plug are you referring to? the one on the cars wiring harness?

apollo89

Reaction score
On the transmission plug You said "locate the big tranny plug in the engine bay. find the grey and red wire on the plug. strip and solder these 2 wires together."

ON the same plug: what would be the color of the wires be on the other side of the plug connected to the harness. On my accord I am doing the same as yours because I'm also converting to obd1. I should have the same wires connected as to what you have in the picture.

Note the picture demonstrates the other side of the plug that I'm talking about. The wire colors that the listed are on the same plug but tranny side.

harness side ----><------transmission side :squintrun:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I am really retarded right now, so bear with me

when i said big tranny plug, i meant the harness side tranny plug. I never cut off the tranny wiring so i dont know which one is what on that side.

let me know if that solves your answer, if not i will start drawing **** out for myself, lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this help? -

FYI - this is how I interpreted the write up and made it so I could understand it. I got as far as getting the car to turn over.

5spdwiring.jpg

Back