2002 Accord V6 need new engine

98acclude

Reaction score
if I remember right, I dont believe the 6 speed transmissions will bolt up to the j35... I did hear though that you can take the crank and rods n stuff out of the j35 and put them into like a j32... Someone else with more knowledge on the j series should chime in as I've just begun my research into these motors too.

datechboss101

Reaction score
The J35 can be hooked up to a 6MT as the coupe variant (7th-9th gen) has a 6-6 option. You can definitely fit the J35 into your CG1 and you should definitely do a 6MT (even though you have a 9.5GCSi).

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Connie went with a JDM J32 for his 01 coupe. It was a direct swap. I think he's over 300Kkm on it since the conversion, and it's still running strong (he's got over 500Kkm on it now). There also a couple of other J35 swaps on here as well. Might be worth doing a search to see what's involved.

capsidx

Reaction score
Dont think we will be seeing any more activity from the OP on this post lol:shrug:

thenitz

Reaction score
Sorry been busy working still looking into it oddly I didn't get an email update on this thread. I am going to keep this one as automatic just need to figure out which engine, auto tranny, computers, dashboard etc will all work considering the jump

capsidx

Reaction score
I've done H23a1 and F20b. Both are fairly simple swaps as far as the engine and trans is concerned. Wiring is somewhat complex. H22 is the most expensive but you'll make the most power. I am not a fan of FRM sleeves so I went with the iron sleeved F20b over the H22 after my H23a1 exploded. Those are two options I can say are good based on experience. Well one at least. The V6 is probably more work than you're ready to do.

Back