Suspension noise (video included)

turbo_911

Reaction score
It's not the top nut either. Hmm so now only leaves as something is internally or no other options. But how could both rear coils make the noise at the same time? weird. Also today I noticed couple time when turning left one made same noise, but only 2 times.

jcast.01

Reaction score
did u ever find out wat the noise was coming from i have the same noise i thought it was because of the weight of my subs (two 15s) i tried to take them out and nothin it still sounds just as bad

turbo_911

Reaction score
did u ever find out wat the noise was coming from i have the same noise i thought it was because of the weight of my subs (two 15s) i tried to take them out and nothin it still sounds just as bad

if you read couple last pages, conclusion comes to its the shocks. Checked everything there is in the car...

Fuzz

Reaction score
Just FYI... I've had this same sort of noise... And I've had 3 completely difference suspension setups on my car. The second I lowered my Accord I had the noise.

Lowered on Factory (for 2 weeks)
H&R Race on KYB AGX (for a year)
Progress on Koni Yellows, since last summer.

Nothing was "re-used", every part had new top plates, bushings, etc. I've come to the conclusion that it's the lower arms - probably a bushing that has binded or worn out causing the metal on metal clunk. I drive my car on the track - and I always do bolt checks before I hit the track.

Nothings loose.

I've never done a video - but looking at yours... upper arm is hitting the frame / inner fender.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Hmm, that's interesting, because I had 2 different set-ups before and they were dead silent. Once I got coils, bam started hearing this noise.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Have you raised the car back to factory height??

Every Accord owner who has lowered their car that I have spoken with - has SOME sort of noise.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Fuzz said:
Have you raised the car back to factory height??

Every Accord owner who has lowered their car that I have spoken with - has SOME sort of noise.

His noise is coming from the rear. It just sounds like something is loose.

The noise you are talking about is the upper control ark noise.

Back