JDM tow hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHID0

Reaction score
chido has that in red. i personally think it looks good

Thanks bro....

I have em on the front and the rear and, point blank, are there just for the visual. If a tow truck hooks anything in there imma be pissed and i can see myself trying to argue with the company over getting reimbursed for the damage to the tow hook and them laughing in my face saying, "IT'S A FREAKIN' TOW HOOK....." lmao.
Installing them is not an attempt to be more jdm. I'm more of a fan of motorsports so my choice to put them on is inspired by BTCC, JGTC, SCCA, etc. Hopefully when i get this car built it will see some track time. I also get so many people asking me what those red thing are sticking out from the bumper and i reply, "a glorified exterior cup holder."

I say if you want tow hooks do it. If you posted about it asking for everyones opinion, obviously take everyones opinion into consideration. But just remember it's your car and you're the one who has to live with the things you do to your car.

turbocayenne

Reaction score
Thanks bro....

I have em on the front and the rear and, point blank, are there just for the visual. If a tow truck hooks anything in there imma be pissed and i can see myself trying to argue with the company over getting reimbursed for the damage to the tow hook and them laughing in my face saying, "IT'S A FREAKIN' TOW HOOK....." lmao.
Installing them is not an attempt to be more jdm. I'm more of a fan of motorsports so my choice to put them on is inspired by BTCC, JGTC, SCCA, etc. Hopefully when i get this car built it will see some track time. I also get so many people asking me what those red thing are sticking out from the bumper and i reply, "a glorified exterior cup holder."

I say if you want tow hooks do it. If you posted about it asking for everyones opinion, obviously take everyones opinion into consideration. But just remember it's your car and you're the one who has to live with the things you do to your car.

amen brotha......

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Chido, do you have a close up pic of your front one? I would probably have done both myself, but can't do the rear one because of the Xenon rear lip. i MIGHT put the front one on....haven't decided yet.

To each their own, I recently got my car towed, but it had to go on a flatbed, yeah, the tow hooks may have come in handy, since he had to check his manual to see where to strap the car down to......:fail:

CHID0

Reaction score
These are closest shots i have (crappy shots though):

accordfront.jpg

random040.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Appreciate that, thanks, how come you mounted it so far back, though? I'm not sure what the right spacing would be, but I would at least want it far enough out so that any hook/chain doesn't hit the bumper and the lettering shows:lawl:

BTW,

random040.jpg

I HOPE that's an old pic of your bumper/hood :skurred:

CHID0

Reaction score
chido has that in red. i personally think it looks good

Appreciate that, thanks, how come you mounted it so far back, though? I'm not sure what the right spacing would be, but I would at least want it far enough out so that any hook/chain doesn't hit the bumper and the lettering shows:lawl:

BTW,

random040.jpg

I HOPE that's an old pic of your bumper/hood :skurred:

It's a current pic with my old hood i was gonna put my new one on for the meet but decided to hold off. My bumper is rapped I need a paint job badly. But i'm waiting till i finish all my body mods.

The reason i mounted it so far back is cause to me it looks goofy sticking way way out and honestly it a shin knocker. Not concerned about the lettering (IND) being visible, and I don't want to be towed by my hooks.....lol at least until i track the car. :coffee:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
More than one CF hood to use - must be nice......:talk-punch:

Yeah, it looks like it would do a number on your shins, if it was too far out, good point. I don't mind the deterence from people parking too close to my car though!

I think if I do end up doing it, I'd move it out just a touch from how you have yours. Still, the way you have it does look a little less obtrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back